Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    DMG

11th Post (DMG)@Castle Island

Thank you all for the continued support. Comments, suggestions, & advice all welcome!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 11th Post (DMG)@Castle Island-dsc_0150.jpg   11th Post (DMG)@Castle Island-dsc_0166.jpg   11th Post (DMG)@Castle Island-dsc_0191.jpg  

Re: 11th Post (DMG)@Castle Island

I am inspired by your enthusiasm. Keep shooting!

On the gull, I would encourage you to think about what could make that photo into something interesting or unique enough that you would hang it on your wall or publish it in a magazine. The reason I say that is that we see so many photos of gulls, we tend to gloss over them. I have taken hundreds if not thousands of gull shots and very few are interesting.

What I in your photo like are the colors and differences in texture.

This is one of mine to show you what I mean. It's not the amazing or anything, but may give you some ideas.

Thread Information