Looking for a form

I need a form that allows me to retain the rights to my photos and also allow the client to be able to print them off of a CD disk or thumb drive. I took some pictures of my nephew and his family and when they took the thumb drive or CD to the store they would not print them because they said after looking at them that they were taken by a professional and they need a release form from me to be able to print them. Where do I get such a form? I could Google it if I knew what it was called, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Looking for a form

Hey Jeff,

I had this happen to me a couple years ago with a wedding I shot. You don't need any special form. You can simply write out a word document or something similar stating that you are giving them permission to print your photos. You can even include the digital copy of the document on the thumb drive or CD. You could make a .jpeg file of your release as well so they could pull it up on the screen at the store.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

If only this would happen more often.. most labs don't care.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thanks Mike and Skyman for your replies. I just typed of something saying it was OK to print the images on the CD and described what the pictures were taken of and signed it. I hope it will do the trick, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just change the name and you should be able to use it.

Thread Information