Looking for a form

Printable View

• 11-30-2011, 01:11 PM
    Grandpaw
    Looking for a form
    I need a form that allows me to retain the rights to my photos and also allow the client to be able to print them off of a CD disk or thumb drive. I took some pictures of my nephew and his family and when they took the thumb drive or CD to the store they would not print them because they said after looking at them that they were taken by a professional and they need a release form from me to be able to print them. Where do I get such a form? I could Google it if I knew what it was called, Jeff
  • 11-30-2011, 04:56 PM
    mjs1973
    Re: Looking for a form
    Hey Jeff,

I had this happen to me a couple years ago with a wedding I shot. You don't need any special form. You can simply write out a word document or something similar stating that you are giving them permission to print your photos. You can even include the digital copy of the document on the thumb drive or CD. You could make a .jpeg file of your release as well so they could pull it up on the screen at the store.
  • 11-30-2011, 06:37 PM
    Skyman
    If only this would happen more often.. most labs don't care.
  • 12-01-2011, 04:46 AM
    Grandpaw
    Thanks Mike and Skyman for your replies. I just typed of something saying it was OK to print the images on the CD and described what the pictures were taken of and signed it. I hope it will do the trick, Jeff
  • 01-11-2012, 05:54 AM
    wedding photographer
  • 01-11-2012, 05:56 AM
    wedding photographer
    Just change the name and you should be able to use it.