Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

New Owner Looking for your Advice.

Hello Everyone.

My name is Ignacio and I am classical guitarist who loves photography.

After having some point and shoots I just got my first dslr which is a Samsung GX-1L which for what I've read is a clone of the pentax *ist DL.

Having a lot of things to learn (Really a lot!) I would like to buy a Zoom lens for it.

I am of course in a budget because I am not a pro and I just got my self into it so I was thinking to buy a Zoom Lens 200mm or 300mm withing the $100 range and of course within that the best I can afford according to your advice.

I've found, Tokina, Tamron,Sigma, Quantaray, Samyang, Takumar... So many... and I know that some of them I should stay away so...

If you only have $100 and you owe my camera What Lens would you buy and (even better) where?

Thank you!

Ignacio

Re: New Owner Looking for your Advice.

Tokina, Tamron, and Sigma are all decent lens manufacturers.

I don't think you will find a good zoom for $100, but can get decent consumer lenses for $130 or so (tho I haven't checked on prices recently).

I paid about $130 for my Tamron 75-300 LD Macro and it was worth every penny.

Here is where I bought it - http://www.photographyreview.com/PRD_96820_3128crx.aspx

Buydig is a reputable company. I bought my DL kit and Tamron from them.

Tim
    My blog - Photography Rulez

'Slim' - K10D and *ist DL w/ SMCP DA 70mm 2.4 Limited, SMCP-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, SMC M 28mm f/2.8, SMC M 50mm f/1.7, and Tamron AF75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD Macro
    Slim of the Clan O'Canon - A1 w/ FD 28, 50, 70-210 & Sigma 500/1000 f8/f16

Thanks Cyberlord!

I'll sure look into that. By the way the link on the buy dig web shows a price of $109 but is for the nikon. I almost get excited an buy it but then I saw the mount type.

Thanks for the advice.

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

A lens for what you want to do for a hundered bucks is going to be tough...
    This lens http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/25...ses-for-pentax
    is tough to beat for the price. It is sold under quanatary but is made by sigma.
    It is one of my favorite lenses and I own just about all the lenses made for Pentax by Sigma and Tamron...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thread Information