• 09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
    lleiro
    New Owner Looking for your Advice.
    Hello Everyone.

My name is Ignacio and I am classical guitarist who loves photography.

After having some point and shoots I just got my first dslr which is a Samsung GX-1L which for what I've read is a clone of the pentax *ist DL.

Having a lot of things to learn (Really a lot!) I would like to buy a Zoom lens for it.

I am of course in a budget because I am not a pro and I just got my self into it so I was thinking to buy a Zoom Lens 200mm or 300mm withing the $100 range and of course within that the best I can afford according to your advice.

I've found, Tokina, Tamron,Sigma, Quantaray, Samyang, Takumar... So many... and I know that some of them I should stay away so...

If you only have $100 and you owe my camera What Lens would you buy and (even better) where?

Thank you!

Ignacio
  • 09-12-2007, 08:33 AM
    cyberlord
    Re: New Owner Looking for your Advice.
    Tokina, Tamron, and Sigma are all decent lens manufacturers.

I don't think you will find a good zoom for $100, but can get decent consumer lenses for $130 or so (tho I haven't checked on prices recently).

I paid about $130 for my Tamron 75-300 LD Macro and it was worth every penny.

Here is where I bought it - http://www.photographyreview.com/PRD_96820_3128crx.aspx

Buydig is a reputable company. I bought my DL kit and Tamron from them.

Tim
  • 09-12-2007, 11:59 AM
    lleiro
    Thanks Cyberlord!

I'll sure look into that. By the way the link on the buy dig web shows a price of $109 but is for the nikon. I almost get excited an buy it but then I saw the mount type.

Thanks for the advice.
  • 09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
    jgredline
    A lens for what you want to do for a hundered bucks is going to be tough...
    This lens http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/25...ses-for-pentax
    is tough to beat for the price. It is sold under quanatary but is made by sigma.
    It is one of my favorite lenses and I own just about all the lenses made for Pentax by Sigma and Tamron...