Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

K10D owner looking for advice

Hello I have been lurking for some time and have found advice given here very helpful.
    I live in the country and take photos in my area. I have one lens a DA 50-200 F4-5.6 and have been pleased with it.

However wanting more range and having read the wonderful posts by jgredline I thought a Tamron 1.4 TC would fit the bill. I cannot however find any one who sells it for a Pentax. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

The first Photo taken with my cameraK10D owner looking for advice-pentax-first-004-small-.jpg

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: K10D owner looking for advice

Hi Pete, after doing some research and bumping my head against many brickwalls, I too could not find the TC online. So, I wrote Tamron an email and have asked them to respond directly here as some of us are intrested in this TC. In the meantime, hopefully, someone here may know something we don't. Good luck.

I like the shot, but am sure with the TC, you could get some even more interesting captures.
    Take care,
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Add me to the list! I have been searching & can not find that teleconvertor.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Tamron 1.4 Teleconverter

Hello all, Sad news to report...Read the statement below from Tamron USA. We're out of luck. This was their entire comment back to me. Maybe we Pentaxians need to start emailing these companies who do not support our choice of camera.

"I am sorry to say but we do not have any Pentax teleconverters any more, only Canon and Nikon. So I imagine that person must have an earlier version of the converter since they are no longer available. Also we do not have a digital converter and it is not recommended to use them with digital lenses and cameras as they will degrade the image quality."

Tamron USA

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************
    This electronic message contains information from Tamron USA, INC. that may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, note that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************************

"Ken" 02/10/2008 11:23 PM

To:
    cc:
    Subject: 1.4x teleconverter for Pentax

Hello,
    I'm the moderator for the Pentax forum on www.photographyreview.com and I have a user trying to find a Tamron 1.4x TC for Pentax. I've searched my fingers ragged trying to find a dealer who sells this TC. I've found it for Nikon and Canon, but no Pentax, even though it is offered for Pentax's.
    My user is from Wisconsin. The link to his question can be found here http://forums.photographyreview.com/showthread.php?t=42497 . If someone could answer his question on the site, it would be great. We have another user who has been touting this TC and many of us are interested in it.
    Thank you for anything you can do.
    Ken Sundwall
    PR moderator nick ken1953
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Thank you Ken for the effort. I guess I'll have to go to plan B.

jgredline, according to a previous post found one a Sammies. Evidently Tammy made one at one time. I went to there web site but one was not listed.

There might be a possibility that a brick and mortar store would have one in stock. I am however a hundred miles from a decent camera store.

Again thank you for the information Pete

Pentax Forum Moderator

Pete...yes...they did make one at one time...but I guess they don't anymore. I do know that when I looked it up, it still mentions Pentax in the description, unless they've changed it in the past few days.

You may have to go to EBay to find one or as you said...get lucky and find one at a brick and mortar store. I just looked up where Merrill is, and you've got further to travel than I do. I have always had good luck with the Camera Store in Madison. There is a camera repair shop in Madison that has a good rep and the one time I was there, they had a lot of used gear. The Camera Store can give you directions if you're interested or PM me and I'll look up my receipt and give you the name and address.
    Good luck and let me know what you find.
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

The TC's are near impossible to find. If you do find one be sure that it is the MC-4 model as it is fully sdm compatible.. Pentax will also be coming out with a NEW TC although no date has been announced. As for the Sigma Tc's they will only work with their lenses. Keep that in mind.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thanks Jgredline I will keep that in mind.

Thread Information