Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

Thread: cannot focus

cannot focus

Hello....I have a k10d, it is about 2 years old now, and just this past weekend, I pulled it out and could not focus manually...I mean, I could not get the image in focus through the view finder. When I use auto-focus, same thing, I cannot see my subject in focus through the viewfinder...however, the picture comes out fine. I thought it might be my lens, but I tried my other one, and same thing. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what the heck is going on?

As far as I can tell it hasn't been banged around...I take pretty darn good care of it, and I know for sure that nothing happened between the time it last worked and when the problem started. Convenient that my manufacture warranty is expired. This is a big problem for me as I prefer to manually focus.....any thoughts are appreciated.
    "The force of art lies in its immediate influence on human psychology and in its active contagiousness."

-Naum Gabo

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: cannot focus

Does the k10d have a viewfinder diopter control. Each person needs to adjust it for their eye.
    Maybe it got moved somehow.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

hmm, good thinking, I haven't thought of that....I will look into it, that would definitely save me a lot of agita. I will report back with results later...
    "The force of art lies in its immediate influence on human psychology and in its active contagiousness."

-Naum Gabo

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbs5050
    hmm, good thinking, I haven't thought of that....I will look into it, that would definitely save me a lot of agita. I will report back with results later...

well well well, how about that.... you were right Frog, thank you! phew...

-Naum Gabo

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

It was the only thing I could think of that would make them look out of focus in the viewfinder but the shots are in focus. I may need to adjust mine cuz I sure can't do manual focus.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information