cannot focus

Printable View

• 02-23-2010, 10:20 PM
    Dubbs5050
    cannot focus
    Hello....I have a k10d, it is about 2 years old now, and just this past weekend, I pulled it out and could not focus manually...I mean, I could not get the image in focus through the view finder. When I use auto-focus, same thing, I cannot see my subject in focus through the viewfinder...however, the picture comes out fine. I thought it might be my lens, but I tried my other one, and same thing. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what the heck is going on?

As far as I can tell it hasn't been banged around...I take pretty darn good care of it, and I know for sure that nothing happened between the time it last worked and when the problem started. Convenient that my manufacture warranty is expired. This is a big problem for me as I prefer to manually focus.....any thoughts are appreciated.
  • 02-23-2010, 11:16 PM
    Frog
    Re: cannot focus
    Does the k10d have a viewfinder diopter control. Each person needs to adjust it for their eye.
    Maybe it got moved somehow.
  • 02-24-2010, 07:12 AM
    Dubbs5050
    hmm, good thinking, I haven't thought of that....I will look into it, that would definitely save me a lot of agita. I will report back with results later...
  • 02-24-2010, 07:51 AM
    Dubbs5050
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubbs5050
    hmm, good thinking, I haven't thought of that....I will look into it, that would definitely save me a lot of agita. I will report back with results later...

well well well, how about that.... you were right Frog, thank you! phew...
  • 02-24-2010, 11:15 AM
    Frog
    It was the only thing I could think of that would make them look out of focus in the viewfinder but the shots are in focus. I may need to adjust mine cuz I sure can't do manual focus.