Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

Thread: newcomer

newcomer

Hi,
    I'm new in this forum and I would like to indroduce myself:
    I'm Mike, living in Huntsville, AL and converted from Canon to Olympus 4/3.
    Main reason was weight and the white color of the L-lenses and the arrogance of the Canon users in the different forums against other brands. I never found that in pure Olympus forums, maybe we know why we are here
    I'm now nearly complete with my equipment, the only thing I'm missing is really wide angle. I got spoiled by the combination 5D and Sigma 12-24mm, there is no 6-12mm for Oly available. The rest is easy: Nothing can beat the AF of the E-5 with 12-60 or 50-200, they are weather-sealed, tack sharp and a famous double zoom package. Combine those with a 8mm fisheye you got it all., that's my travelling kit. when I don't want to carry it all.
    I love the art filters, the dramatic is my favourite, here is a sample.
    Greetings,
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newcomer-e-5.jpg  

Re: newcomer

Welcome Mike, You won't see any racism here I shoot Olympus cause I like Oly but I will shoot anything I can get my hands on, Please write a review of your equipment. Olympus need some reviews.
    I love the shot.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Rock on Mike! Cool shot.

Mark

Welcome.....I like that shot from Bridgestreet
    Olympus Evolt E-510
    Olympus 14-42mm f3.5-5.6
    Olympus 40-150mm F4.0-5.6
    Olympus 50-200mm f/2.8-3.5 ED
    Olympus 14-54mm f/2.8-3.5
    Sony DSC-HX5V

My Blog

Liz

Welcome to PR Mike - and Happy New Year! Looks like you made a good decision - with some nice equipment.

I had to give up my Canon equipment a couple of years ago due to a back problem and could no longer carry around the heavy equipment. Those "L" lenses were hard to give up, but I have gotten comparable images with Olympus, and never looked back!

I invested in the E-PL1 and love this camera and the fine lenses that I've invested in. I recently got the Olympus M Zuiko 9-18 as I needed a wide angle - it's a really nice lens IMO.

I also found an E-620 at a great price to go with my favorite lens - the 50mm/f2. I tried it with the E-PL1 but it was too slow. Now it's glued to the E-620

I love the image you posted. Beautiful shot. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Liz

Hi to all,
    thank you for the warm welcome. You see me much more happier now, because I could get a "looks like new" used 7-14mm for $1050 from another forum. I got back my beloved wide angle. You may understand this when you see my favourite picture while I was shooting with true 12mm on my 5D.
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails newcomer-berlin.jpg  

Thread Information