newcomer

Printable View

• 12-31-2010, 06:11 PM
    micha56170
    1 Attachment(s)
    newcomer
    Hi,
    I'm new in this forum and I would like to indroduce myself:
    I'm Mike, living in Huntsville, AL and converted from Canon to Olympus 4/3.
    Main reason was weight and the white color of the L-lenses and the arrogance of the Canon users in the different forums against other brands. I never found that in pure Olympus forums, maybe we know why we are here:)
    I'm now nearly complete with my equipment, the only thing I'm missing is really wide angle. I got spoiled by the combination 5D and Sigma 12-24mm, there is no 6-12mm for Oly available. The rest is easy: Nothing can beat the AF of the E-5 with 12-60 or 50-200, they are weather-sealed, tack sharp and a famous double zoom package. Combine those with a 8mm fisheye you got it all., that's my travelling kit. when I don't want to carry it all.
    I love the art filters, the dramatic is my favourite, here is a sample.
    Greetings,
    Mike
  • 12-31-2010, 06:22 PM
    Greg McCary
    Re: newcomer
    Welcome Mike, You won't see any racism here I shoot Olympus cause I like Oly but I will shoot anything I can get my hands on, Please write a review of your equipment. Olympus need some reviews.
    I love the shot.
  • 12-31-2010, 07:16 PM
    Marc2B4
    Rock on Mike! Cool shot.

Mark
  • 01-01-2011, 07:31 AM
    cruzthepug
    Welcome.....I like that shot from Bridgestreet
  • 01-01-2011, 10:10 AM
    Liz
    Welcome to PR Mike - and Happy New Year! Looks like you made a good decision - with some nice equipment.

I had to give up my Canon equipment a couple of years ago due to a back problem and could no longer carry around the heavy equipment. Those "L" lenses were hard to give up, but I have gotten comparable images with Olympus, and never looked back!

I invested in the E-PL1 and love this camera and the fine lenses that I've invested in. I recently got the Olympus M Zuiko 9-18 as I needed a wide angle - it's a really nice lens IMO.

I also found an E-620 at a great price to go with my favorite lens - the 50mm/f2. I tried it with the E-PL1 but it was too slow. Now it's glued to the E-620

I love the image you posted. Beautiful shot. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Liz
  • 01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
    micha56170
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hi to all,
    thank you for the warm welcome. You see me much more happier now, because I could get a "looks like new" used 7-14mm for $1050 from another forum. I got back my beloved wide angle. You may understand this when you see my favourite picture while I was shooting with true 12mm on my 5D.
    Mike