Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

little disappointed

I was very much hoping that the new lens announced for M43 would also be made for the normal 4/3, would have really loved to see the 12mm or the 45mm primes for us the normal 4/3 users, it seems oly has no interest in keeping the 4/3 users in perspective with their R & D
    Olympus E-5
    Olympus Zuiko Digital Ed 14-35mm F2.0 Swd
    Olympus Zuiko Digital Ed 50-200mm F2.8-3.5
    Olympus Zuiko Digital Ed 12-60mm F2.8/4.0 Swd
    Olympus Zuiko Digital Ed 7-14mm F4.0
    Sigma 30mm F1.4
    Olympus FL-50R Flash

Liz

Re: little disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by rubeel View Post
    I was very much hoping that the new lens announced for M43 would also be made for the normal 4/3, would have really loved to see the 12mm or the 45mm primes for us the normal 4/3 users, it seems oly has no interest in keeping the 4/3 users in perspective with their R & D
    I can understand your disappointment since Oly does not seem to be doing much for the 4/3 system anymore.

Just as an aside. You are most likely aware of the Olympus 50mm/f2 which I own - it works beautifully on the E-620 - and with an adaptor on the M4/3 cameras, albeit a bit slower. It is one of Olympus' best lens - and it is AWESOME. It is actually my favorite lens of all time. I used to think nothing could beat Canon "L" lenses - but let me tell you, this lens tops any lens I've ever used for IQ.

Liz

Well I agree that Olympus seems to have forgotten about up 4/3rd users and have spent a great deal of time with the m4/3rd line. I guess Olympus thinks the 9-18mm and 7-14mm fills the need for the wide lovers. Maybe their resources are just taxed to the limit and have to deliver what the majority wants.
    The m4/3rd cameras are great cameras and Olympus leads the pack. I have read of many dropping their 4/3rd gear and going completly micro but I haven't got there yet. Maybe when the m4/3rd fever dies down Olympus will come back with some new 4/3rd cameras and lenses.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

I'm not ready to drop my kit for m4/3rd, but I am seriously considering getting a system as a back-up/everyday camera instead of investing in an E-5. Not that I have the $$ for either at the moment, so I've got time to think about it. I do hope that they give some attention back to 4/3 in the future.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

As much as I like my E-600, with the 4/3-m4/3 adapter I have, and the smaller size and excellent IQ of my E-P1, I'm considering selling the E-600 and getting and E-PL3 when it comes out.

Since it's just a hobby for me, I have no need for pro grade equipment.
    Olympus E-P1
    Olympus E-PL2
    14-42mm, 11-22mm

http://guzziknight.smugmug.com/

Liz,
    I know the 50mm is great and might end up getting it again, what amazes me is that if people are dropping their 4/3 gear i am not seeing any SHG gear for sale for cheap, i really want the 35-100 but the damm thing is not going under 2k, i sold mine for 1300 and miss it dearly.

I am just hoping that they relase a 45mm for 4/3 cuz it is cheap and good lens.
    Olympus E-5
    Sigma 30mm F1.4
    Olympus FL-50R Flash

Quote Originally Posted by rubeel View Post
    Liz,
    I know the 50mm is great and might end up getting it again, what amazes me is that if people are dropping their 4/3 gear i am not seeing any SHG gear for sale for cheap, i really want the 35-100 but the damm thing is not going under 2k, i sold mine for 1300 and miss it dearly.

I am just hoping that they relase a 45mm for 4/3 cuz it is cheap and good lens.
    What about the 35-100 that makes it better than the 12-60mm. Performance or sharpness? Both? Not that I will ever own any SHG glass.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

35-100mm is a much better portrait lens, I had that before also had great results outside and inside, 12-60 is an excellent lens but in low light you have to struggle, 35-100 does help little more in low light situations.
    Olympus E-5
    Sigma 30mm F1.4
    Olympus FL-50R Flash

Thread Information