Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1: Christmas in July!!!

I have not seen any thread started on these up and coming models from Olympus. I had a look at a video posted on YouTube from another camera reviewer with an executive from Olympus. They really seem to be aggressive with PEN system expansion. I did not realize the market could respond to such product variations. One almost thinks they overdid it here, but I'm not a camera expert. I guess the business development and research experts at Olympus know better.

I can't wait to get my hands on the EPL3 and EPM1 specifically. Looks like they could 'sort of' be a version of XZ1 with interchangeable lens.

Here's a quick overview of what to expect when these models will be launched over the next few months moving through late Q3 this year.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/06/...ameras-257658/

Hope it was OK that I post a link from another site.
    You took a photo of what?
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

There is also information on PhotographyReview

Photo-John posted when the NDA expired here on Photography Review and there is a thread in the forum dedicated to EVIL and micro four-thirds. I was lucky enough to go on the press trip and shoot with the camera in his place, and will have a bit more about the E-P3 up (with lots of shots) when he's back from his honeymoon.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Re: E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1: Christmas in July!!!

Megan is there any update?

Wink Re: E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1: Christmas in July!!!

thats great

Re: E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1: Christmas in July!!!

Hey guys! I'm coming into this a few months late, but I just bought an Olympus PEN E-PL3. Got it in the mail today. I have been shooting with my Pentax DSLR, which I love, but I got tired of lugging it and all the equipment around. I needed something more portable, but I wanted a lot more control than a point 'n shoot could offer. I did a *ton* of research, and while I really, really thought about the new, unreleased Canon G1-X and the Panasonic Lumix GX1, I finally decided on the E-PL3.

I have only taken a few snapshots with it, and a test video, but so far I love it. I love the size, and the look and feel of it. I need to sit down and mess with the menus, controls, and go out and put it through its paces, but so far, so good!

Thread Information