Olympus Cameras and Four Thirds System Digital SLRs Forum

Olympus Cameras Forum Discuss Olympus film and digital cameras as well as Panasonic and Leica Four Thirds System digital SLRs - forum moderator is Greg McCary.
Olympus E-System Digital SLR Reviews >>
Panasonic Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Leica Four Thirds Digital SLR Reviews >>
Official Four Thirds Web Page >>
Olympus OM-System 35mm SLR reviews >>
Olympus Cameras History Page >>

E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1: Christmas in July!!!

I have not seen any thread started on these up and coming models from Olympus. I had a look at a video posted on YouTube from another camera reviewer with an executive from Olympus. They really seem to be aggressive with PEN system expansion. I did not realize the market could respond to such product variations. One almost thinks they overdid it here, but I'm not a camera expert. I guess the business development and research experts at Olympus know better.

I can't wait to get my hands on the EPL3 and EPM1 specifically. Looks like they could 'sort of' be a version of XZ1 with interchangeable lens.

Here's a quick overview of what to expect when these models will be launched over the next few months moving through late Q3 this year.

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/06/...ameras-257658/

Hope it was OK that I post a link from another site.
    You took a photo of what?
    SONY a6000
    SONY RX100M3
    Canon S110

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

There is also information on PhotographyReview

Photo-John posted when the NDA expired here on Photography Review and there is a thread in the forum dedicated to EVIL and micro four-thirds. I was lucky enough to go on the press trip and shoot with the camera in his place, and will have a bit more about the E-P3 up (with lots of shots) when he's back from his honeymoon.
    Megan

Join me on Facebook!
    Twitter: @ponycargirl

Re: E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1: Christmas in July!!!

Megan is there any update?

Wink Re: E-P3, E-PL3, and E-PM1: Christmas in July!!!

thats great

Hey guys! I'm coming into this a few months late, but I just bought an Olympus PEN E-PL3. Got it in the mail today. I have been shooting with my Pentax DSLR, which I love, but I got tired of lugging it and all the equipment around. I needed something more portable, but I wanted a lot more control than a point 'n shoot could offer. I did a *ton* of research, and while I really, really thought about the new, unreleased Canon G1-X and the Panasonic Lumix GX1, I finally decided on the E-PL3.

I have only taken a few snapshots with it, and a test video, but so far I love it. I love the size, and the look and feel of it. I need to sit down and mess with the menus, controls, and go out and put it through its paces, but so far, so good!

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is an impressive tablet that comes in a great design, solid specs, and a hefty price tag.

best tablet for netflix and games

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite is an impressive tablet that comes in a great design, solid specs, and a hefty price tag.

best affordable tablet for netflix

Best laptop for video editing under 1000 it quit a task therefore we have listed laptop with brilliant performance for video editors without costing a single buck more than a thousand dollars.

Best laptop for video recording under $1000

Thread Information