PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: What do you drive?

MY new Toy... '99 Eclipse Spyder GS. 2.4 Litre engine will soon be replaced with a G474 6 Cyl 260 HPs engine out of a Diamante and the colour will change from yellow (screaming "hi there officer please remember to spell my name with a J") to the same metallic burgundy colour on the '07/ '08 Eclipse's.

Got it last Monday night and it hasn't seen the garage yet lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you drive?-dsc01010-resize.jpg   What do you drive?-dsc01012-resize.jpg   What do you drive?-dsc01014-resize.jpg  
    Shooting with an Olympus Evolt E-510 and loving it

Equipment list:
    Olympus Evolt E-3, E-620, E-500
    Olympus Zuiko 40 - 150 F4.0 - 5.6
    Olympus Zuiko 14 - 45 F 2.8 - 3.6
    Sigma 50 - 500 F 4.0 - 6.3
    Sigma 70 - 200 F2.8
    Olympus FL-38 Flash x2
    Vivitar 285 HV
    Better Beamer Flash Extender

http://www.jdtimages.ca/

A Photographer that is fluent in Sarcasm.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Smile Re: What do you drive?

Cool thread,
    I've had alot of cars but my latest is a Jeep.It goes everywhere , is bulletproof.
    I keep it maintained because I beat it. It's never left me stranded.I've been in some pretty remote locations.
    O.k. TONKA . A 2000 TJ (wrangler) 4;56 gears,Detroit lockers front/rear, 33" pro comp mud terrain tires,.
    Rubicon Express 4" lift...ect... It will climb a wall in 4WD-low range.Alot of fun...
    It's a jeep thing you may not understand.hehehe.

Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you drive?-jeep-.jpg   What do you drive?-jeep-2.jpg   What do you drive?-jeep-3.jpg  

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Sweet rides, Jaedon and Rick.

I love jeeps like that. The ones that are made to be abused!! I have always wanted an old Willies from the 40's.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Well depending on the weather...

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Diesel... its my everything and everywhere vehicle... good for those backroad (or offroad) excursions to find my train pictures...

For the sunnier days..
    2003 Honda Goldwing... things been great... being a former sportbiker I gave in to traveling more... so more comfort was needed... this badboy has taken me to Newfoundland, ALL the eastern providences of Canada, and all the northeastern states... =)

For the white season...
    2004 Arctic Cat F5 Sno-Pro
    A few of us ride REAL hardcore... we tow out with a 23ft V-nose and a few sleds to find the deep POO and then get busy... yup I DO have a camera backpack on... we carry all of our gear in to shoot while out riding... =)
    Ross Mealey of TRJ Photography
    Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum Staff Photographer
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon, Sigma, Mamiya, Toyo,and Rodenstock-Sironar

My Railroad Photography

I have a 1999 (stock) Jeep TJ. I can't believe anyone drives anything other than a TJ.

I'll put new rotors and a new front pinion seal in next week, an oil change at 115,000 miles, but that's about it. So that's about a hundred dollars worth of work, barring anything catastrophic.

Best part is, i can get four inches of water in the floor pans, drive it through pretty much anything offroad here in the great plains, and even get home when all the viaducts are flooded! All of the above, and I don't have to have a top or doors! now to save for the D44, lockers, 3" lift, and 33" mud tires! :thumbsup: I think of it as a dualsport motorcycle for two.

It gets about 13 MPG in mixed driving which is just as much as any of the trucks out there. It's not really built for towing, and it's about as aerodynamic as a billboard...but hey, it's a jeep.

I actually looked at Honda Elements before I bought the jeep :blush2:
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

I just bought another Jeep....temporarily I have 3 of them The daily driver is a 92 Laredo, the off road only 87 and now a 89 parts Laredo for the other two. I have spent the past couple days stripping it of everything and hope to have the engine and trans out tomorrow but thats dependant on the weather. The latest Jeep runs great, driveable, but I just needed parts for the other two, and considering I got $1500 worth of parts for $300 it was well worth it. And I still have the 97 Ram 2500HD which is once again running.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

2000 Subaru Outback
    Japanese quatro/boxer