PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: Weekend_cold

Weekend_cold

Sometimes, I envy you people in the warmer climes. The Canadian holiday weekend provided light snow, overnight low of 1 degree above zero and a daytime high of 6 degrees.
    I was running my boat from the marina to my dock across a large lake with high waves, rain and temperatures so low, my hands turned blue.

Ronnoco

Re: Weekend_cold

Ummmm.....at least you have your own boat and dock. Not everyone can say that therefore I envy you as well.

There are three gas guzzling cars in my household and one parking space. Go figure.

Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I probably souldn't tell you then that we've been over 100 for about 3 weeks now. Except it did cool down to 87 yesterday. It was down right nippy!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    I probably souldn't tell you then that we've been over 100 for about 3 weeks now. Except it did cool down to 87 yesterday. It was down right nippy!
    I cannot even imagine that! I doubt that there is anywhere in Canada that would experience those temperatures for any small extended period in half a century. I have only experienced over 100, three or four times for one day each, in my lifetime.

Ronnoco

Pentax Forum Moderator

I can't tell you how many times I've walked out at midnight in Phoenix and it was still over 100 degrees. It happens too often, but then again, I remember visiting Fairbanks, Alaska in November and never saw it above 0 degrees F during the entire 10 days i was there...brrrrrrrrrrrrr...I think the average low was in the -30 degree range...and the first few days the average high was -10 and lower...whew...again...brrrrrrrrrrrr...When I first moved here to Wisconsin, they used to call me a "frozen desert rat"...it still fits...hehehe...
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    I can't tell you how many times I've walked out at midnight in Phoenix and it was still over 100 degrees.Ken
    We consider a night time temperature of 70 to 75 degrees to be almost unbearable and it does not happen very often, occasionally in July.

Ronnoco

At least you guys have a dry heat. Here in the south we have muggy humid heat that makes everything stick to you. It was 89 today and I was doing my typical day of landscaping, I think I drank about 3 gallons of gatorade today....We also bypassed spring again. It went from winter to summer...freezing cold to I can't believe I am still outside.
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thread Information