Weekend_cold

Printable View

• 05-23-2006, 12:11 PM
    Ronnoco
    Weekend_cold
    Sometimes, I envy you people in the warmer climes. The Canadian holiday weekend provided light snow, overnight low of 1 degree above zero and a daytime high of 6 degrees.
    I was running my boat from the marina to my dock across a large lake with high waves, rain and temperatures so low, my hands turned blue.

Ronnoco
  • 05-23-2006, 12:20 PM
    poker
    Re: Weekend_cold
    Ummmm.....at least you have your own boat and dock. Not everyone can say that therefore I envy you as well.

There are three gas guzzling cars in my household and one parking space. Go figure.

:D
  • 05-23-2006, 04:00 PM
    walterick
    I probably souldn't tell you then that we've been over 100 for about 3 weeks now. Except it did cool down to 87 yesterday. It was down right nippy!
  • 05-23-2006, 04:43 PM
    Ronnoco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by walterick
    I probably souldn't tell you then that we've been over 100 for about 3 weeks now. Except it did cool down to 87 yesterday. It was down right nippy!

I cannot even imagine that! I doubt that there is anywhere in Canada that would experience those temperatures for any small extended period in half a century. I have only experienced over 100, three or four times for one day each, in my lifetime.

Ronnoco
  • 05-23-2006, 06:36 PM
    ken1953
    I can't tell you how many times I've walked out at midnight in Phoenix and it was still over 100 degrees. It happens too often, but then again, I remember visiting Fairbanks, Alaska in November and never saw it above 0 degrees F during the entire 10 days i was there...brrrrrrrrrrrrr...I think the average low was in the -30 degree range...and the first few days the average high was -10 and lower...whew...again...brrrrrrrrrrrr...When I first moved here to Wisconsin, they used to call me a "frozen desert rat"...it still fits...hehehe...
    Ken
  • 05-23-2006, 07:05 PM
    Ronnoco
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ken1953
    I can't tell you how many times I've walked out at midnight in Phoenix and it was still over 100 degrees.Ken

We consider a night time temperature of 70 to 75 degrees to be almost unbearable and it does not happen very often, occasionally in July.

Ronnoco
  • 05-23-2006, 07:09 PM
    zrfraser
    At least you guys have a dry heat. Here in the south we have muggy humid heat that makes everything stick to you. It was 89 today and I was doing my typical day of landscaping, I think I drank about 3 gallons of gatorade today....We also bypassed spring again. It went from winter to summer...freezing cold to I can't believe I am still outside.