PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    I ask you please just give us... 5 MINUTES ALONE.... PANTERA

How I’ve waited for you to come
    I’ve been here all alone
    Now that you’ve arrived
    Please stay a while
    And I promise I won’t keep you long............ SLAYER

want some SLIPKNOT too

YES, I thrive on angry music to keep me PASSIVE
    I went through a phase where I could not sleep without white zombie in the background on repeat.

What does that mean?
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    YOU WANT MY OPINION???????

OK..

That would mean you are "MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN" , you are a "CREATURE OF THE WHEEL", you named your jeep" THUNDER KISS '65" and it has a bumper sticker stating" WELCOME TO PLANET MF'ER", you never tan due to "BLACK SUNSHINE", your favorite hangout is "GRIND HOUSE(A GO GO)", Rhi calls you "SOUL CRUSHER" , you work for " COSMIC MONSTERS INC"and you were drawn to Steve due to the similiarity to "WARP ASYLUM"

did I mention I am tired of you saying" I AM LEGEND" because your not

That's the "REAL SOLUTION #9"

signed, "SPIDER BADY(YEAH YEAH YEAH) "
    Last edited by paulnj; 08-27-2004 at 10:12 AM. Reason: no D dummy ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

YOU WANT MY OPINION???????

OK..

That would mean you are "MORE HUMAN THAN HUMAN" , you are a "CREATURE OF THE WHEEL", you named your jeep" THUNDER KISS '65" and it has a bumper sticker stating" WELCOME TO PLANET MF'ER", you never tan due to "BLACK SUNSHINE", your favorite hangout is "GRIND HOUSE(A GO GO)", Rhi calls you "SOUL CRUSHER" , you work for " COSMIC MONSTERS INC"and you were drawn to Steve due to the similiarity to "WARP ASYLUM"

did I mention I am tired of you saying" I AM LEGEND" because your not

That's the "REAL SOLUTION #9"

signed, "SPIDER BADY(YEAH YEAH YEAH) "
    Dude, you rock...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Try Sting's All This Time CD - it's a live Jazz remake of some of his lesser known songs - so, smooth. Also, anything by Andrea Bocelli. For that '80s fix, I recommend Sade's Smooth Operator.

Ghost
    I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I recently repurchased some of "The Cure". In High School I was an avid Robert Smith fanatic........things changed shortly after But I just bought a couple albums again and have been pumping them through my ears. It's been great therapy and relaxing.

Pink Floyd is my other choice for relaxation, and always will be.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

I'd kill myself for you...

I'd kill you for myself.

You take this

LOVE

thing

LOVE

child

LOVE

toy

Dude, I think I listen to hard rock/heavy metal because it's the perfect compliment to my laid-back personality. People think I listen to Dave Mathews and Yanni (no, really) and they're always surprised when I bust out names like Godsmack. I think of it as...

... therapy.

LOVE

fist

LOVE

scar

LOVE

break

How could I possibly get angry listening to that?

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

FLAMED? MUSIC is MUSIC as long as it has a beat with TALENT ;)

who could ever say PINK FLOYD wasn't/ isn't GREAT?

"I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU....."
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

AH, but I am quite passive agressive in nature ;) I listen to it BECAUSE I CAN RELATE

but shhhhhh.... I like elton john, super tramp, 50 cent, cranberries, george jones....... too

Serving the faith

Abduction the oath

It lie in wait for the offering

beckon the call, beckon the call

CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

misanthrope
    I hate easy listening...
    But when I want to hear something that makes me feel good, it is, hands down, Stevie Ray Vaughan. The man was a god and in my estimation the best blues guitarist that ever was. Not to say the best guitarist in general- in that respect he makes the top 5 or 3 for sure. But for blues, he's just insanely good. While others make the guitar smoke with their playing (like me ;) ), Stevie Ray was an atom bomb. And still is. James Hetfield from Metallica is definitely the best metal guitarist ever- I listen to his playing and my mind just drifts off into relaxation...
    Metallica, Black Sabbath, some Clapton(he's barely on the top 5), basically all classic rock. Heavy metal/blues/bluegrass/classic rock/oldies. Anything that isn't the new trash they cram down our throats today, anything that isn't country/rap. I love classical guitar- those people are the unsung guitarslinger heroes of the world.
    Oh, and by the way, the "c" in the word "rap" is silent. "Rap music" is an oxymoron. Anyone who "sings" about being a criminal thug womanizer drug deal/abuser murderer gang member pimp is most certainly NOT a musician. Like 50 cent- "I don't know what you heard about me/but a b*tch can't get a dollar outta me/no Cadillac, no pearls you can see/that I'm a motherf*cking P.I.M.P" Come on, why would anyone spend their money on that garbage? Or another line "High all the time/ I smoke that good sh*t." Good lord, what moron even consented to let him into the studio, let alone cut the track?
    I know this sounds funny coming from a 26-year-old, but hey, I don't buy into popular culture. My $0.02....
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

dude...every time I was at a metallica show(13 times) , it was kirk on LEAD, james on rythm ;), though both ROCK.

and music doesn't need a guitar anymore than it needs a harp to be good ;)

DON'T BE A HATER. You can't hide the fact that you either researched the words or LISTENED ENOUGH to know them

(sound of 2 quarters dropping) G U NIT

ok, I suggest GG Allin, Cannibal Corpes, Mudvayne, Venom,Coal Chamber , Hatebreed.. since you're anti RAP/country(though country guitar came before BLUE guitar)

ISN'T THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE GREAT !!!!!!!

OH,BTW I like very little RAP/COUNTRY, but refuse to limit myself
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

misanthrope
    dude...every time I was at a metallica show(13 times) , it was kirk on LEAD, james on rythm ;), though both ROCK.

and music doesn't need a guitar anymore than it needs a harp to be good ;)

DON'T BE A HATER. You can't hide the fact that you either researched the words or LISTENED ENOUGH to know them

(sound of 2 quarters dropping) G U NIT

ok, I suggest GG Allin, Cannibal Corpes, Mudvayne, Venom,Coal Chamber , Hatebreed.. since you're anti RAP/country(though country guitar came before BLUE guitar)

ISN'T THE FREEDOM OF CHOICE GREAT !!!!!!!

OH,BTW I like very little RAP/COUNTRY, but refuse to limit myself
    I sleep 3 hours a night on some nights and only 4 or 5 usually. I'm an insomniac. It sucks. I get things turned around so often it's amazing I can even tie my own shoes. Seriously, it's like having a mental handicap. And no health insurance...
    You're right, it's Kirk on lead. James is almost as good- who else could possibly keep up with Kirk?
    And I take serious offense to to 50 Cent comment. I've been forced to hear it ad nauseum whenever I visit my dear brother, so I can't help it.I don't get to visit my bro very often, so I endure it. 50 Cent is so awful it makes me cringe. I really do hate rap music. I actually enjoy hating it, since it's just so truly terrible.
    I like Cannibal Corpse. I have Eaten Back to Life on the computer- good to wake up to. Slayer is also nice relxation music.
    I play guitar, so I enjoy good guitarists more than any other instrument. That's just me, though. I used to play the mandolin, and it really gets me off to see/hear good pickers. Bascially any instrument played well. Anyone can thrash badly on cheater chords- the Green Day syndrome...
    In the timeline of American folk, I skip over the inception of country- folk and bluegrass are fine, but country is so inane and dull... I just can't bear to hear it. I know there are country fans who are unfurling their American flags and loading their rifles right now because I said it, but I don't care. Anyone can play 3 chords and sing with a twang. But only people withreal ability can make it good music. Classic country is ok by me, especially Johnny Cash or Willie Nelson. I don't have any of Willie's stuff, but I'll listen to it if it's on.
    I've been called a music snob, but for me it's more a matter of liking musicians that have good musical ability, not just liking what's popular.
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Since we're being so open and honest

about our "dark sides" I can say that I just learned the opening chordes to "Give a Little Bit" last week

- sheeplishly - and I've been jamming on some Wonderwall recently -

But nothing like a little Metal-lickya to sooth the savage beast (I second that about KIRK'S playing - phenomenal pre-Load)

A nice one-hit wonder back in the day was Prong - "Snap Your Fingers Snap Your Neck" Head-banger's deelite

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

PRONG one hit wonder? dude in the late 80's I listened to prong, anthrax, metallica, slayer, motorhead, ozzy, (forced to hear GG Allin...that depraved sicko) .... THEN cowboys was released and I was hooked

and OUTDOORSMAN....... no need to be affended by my joking comments..seriously!

I here 50 every night at work, it grew on me. the other rap style stuff I like is wu tang, tupac, NWA

the country I like is delbert mc clinton and george jones...the rest is GARBAGE as you stated and nobody in their right mind would load a gun because I said that ;)

I too sleep 20-25 hours a week on average, so yes I forget my name at times ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Wha?

No Garth? No Dixie Chicks? No Alan Jackson? No Alabama?

really?

Oh, and I forgot to say earlier that I think Jerry Cantrel of AIC is one of the best metal/grunge/hardrock players out there - and Stevie Ray Vaughn is a legend

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

ah but Layne Staley was the one who made the albums sell

So when Layne did his last speedball in April 2002, do you think it was raining?

Rain When I Die is a great song BTW

who can deny that Stevie doesn't have talent, as does Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Angus Young, Carlos Santana, Buckethead!!!!!, Dime(listen to 5 MINUTES ALONE), Randy Rhoad was on his way to GREATNESS, Michael Hedges.....AH YOU GET THE POINT
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Its your lucky NEWAGE day

Hi i am the atist nakedskin my music is truly NEWAGE just click the link.

http://www.musicgremlin.com/GetNewMu...aspx?id=148812

Re: Music for Relaxation NAKEDSKIN

Nakedskin's Album "LOST SOULS" has generated lots of interest to a world wide audience. its a new type of Gothic Ambients/New age and emotional relaxation music that journey's through your body making you feel all types of feelings and emotions of human understanding.
    http://www.musicgremlin.com/GetNewMu...aspx?id=148812

TIPS, whilst the CD is playing.
    Close your eyes make your body that relaxed your toe's and body is buzzing.
    Close your eyes to see the white light in the dark with your eyes gently shut.
    Press play and see what happens, you will find what lies in your mind.
    This album has been very helpfull in my life, it has been quite a journey into myself and others finding human emotions and the erotic flavours that drive everyone's
    DESIRES and PASSIONS
    Attached Images Attached Images   

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Love it when threads re-emerge...

Thanks for the info sK. Not sure if you realize it, but the last post in this thread before yours was nearly two years ago.

But, better late than never I suppose...:thumbsup:
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Re: Music for Relaxation recommendations

And here I was wondering how did I miss this?
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

This is the kind of thread I always end up discovering new music from.... it's the best thing about the "long tail" and music.... before u had to read in a magazine or hunt around in a record store to find something cool -- which made the choices always subject to the "gatekeeping" of editors and music store buyers and etc... -- which would lead inevitably to mediocrity and the prevalence of "poser music" -- i.e. stuff that you want to like because you think it's cool, not because you really like it. Music journalism especially creates high-profiles for really lame stuff, because journalists are always looking behind their backs, trying to profile something that they think in 2 years people will think they were cool for liking "way back when".... I GREATLY prefer the democratic nature of threads like these, where people simply list their tastes and you can just look something up on itunes or youtube and check it out for yourself....

These days I'm really into techno and techno/rock and stuff like that -- try searching for these songs:

Thomas Falke "Revolution On The Dance Floor"
    Groove Cutter "My Shooter"
    Control One "Just A Little Bit"
    Ian Carey "Redlight"
    Kevin Weg "Dead Radio"

I don't usually go for techno but these are sort of like a weird crossover between rock and techno/trance.

Here are also some downloads with some other cool stuff too -- http://www.electricfilebox.com/tracks

Foo Fighters,surprising,if you don't know the work...
    "Miracle" is lovely,infectious.Much more acoustic work to love..
    (This always travel with me,reminds me how lucky I am.)
    And when you want to wake up,no-ones rocks like Grohl....

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information