PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Cold Brew Coffee

I've been into a Starbucks a couple of times with my wife and feel completely out of place.
    I don't do the latte stuff and I think their coffee is bitter.
    I prefer a nice cup of perked coffee that's so hot I have to sip it which can't be done with an automatic coffee maker.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

For me its 8 scoops of beans in the grinder for 12 cups of coffee. First cup is half the pot with sugar and milk the rest of the pot goes with me to work and is gone by lunch.Starbucks espresso beans from COSTCO for $ 10.00 or so lasts 2 weeks. I will try to count the coffee stands on the way to work tomorrow. It still surprises me how folks can spend $ 5 + every day for coffee?
    Does anyone remember the old coffee makers that you boiled the water up through the beans ? That was good coffee!
    The cold deal looks pretty good.
    Jimmy B

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B
    Does anyone remember the old coffee makers that you boiled the water up through the beans ? That was good coffee!
    I think you're talking about a percolator. Those are still around, but rare. Some coffee buffs consider that to be the best way to brew coffee. I remember it being good too, but it's been a while.

Paul

Not a peculator, these were made of aluminum. Water in the bottom grinds in the middle. You made it on the stove, or in one case on a vise with a acetalyne(spelling) torch, like my buddy did at work!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information