PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted

Thread: Cars.gov

Pentax Forum Moderator

Cars.gov

I was emailed this link to a Glenn Beck broadcast from FOX supposedly. I don't know the guy and have never seen him before, but he warns about the governments new way of getting access to your computer and private info via the new Cash for Clunkers program on Cars.gov.
    If this is true, don't go there until you've watched the video here... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs12ccbOiE

I'm not trying to make a political statement here...just offering a concern.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Cars.gov

If you've never heard of Glenn Beck I would say you are lucky.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Putting aside the "reporter"
    Be happy they are disclosing it ahead of time and giving you the chance to opt-out ahead, this may not be the case for those of you with laptop/netbook computers. If you've bought one in the last 5 years, opening it up might reveal a small cylindrical unit inside, that cylinder is what's known as a keylogger and it's probably been recording every keystroke you've made

[edit]Some say this is an urban myth but even snopes hasn't completely ruled out the possibility, and these things are completely undetectable through software.
    Ok taking off my tinfoil hat and putting it back in the closet now [/edit]
    Last edited by jetrim; 08-06-2009 at 06:40 AM.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I heard about this. The fact is that the computer info the government has to access is the dealers computers, not the individuals.
    Fox like to keep bringing the up the senator from Minnesota tha discoverd that only 2
    of the deals had gone through in her state. This was after extensive, independent research on her part. The problem is that she left of the Percent part. It was 2% which adds up to a lot more approved and many more are in the works of being approved. Yes theire's red tape but geez people get the facts straight.

Here is one article debunking both what he claimed and him http://www.newshounds.us/2009/08/04/...acy_theory.php
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Pentax Forum Moderator

Yeah...I caught the fact that it is the "dealers" who are at risk of this. And the gov is doing it up front.

Truly, 1984 is well upon us and has been since long before 1984...but it has definitely increased in recent years to proportions that are getting far too scary for me.

Oh well...
    hehe
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Chicagoland, IL, USA (transplanted canadian)

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Yeah...I caught the fact that it is the "dealers" who are at risk of this. And the gov is doing it up front.

Truly, 1984 is well upon us and has been since long before 1984...but it has definitely increased in recent years to proportions that are getting far too scary for me.

Oh well...
    hehe
    I hear you there... I've always been convinced that 1984 was a misprint and it should have been 1934.

I'm one of the original tin-foil hat wearing freaks If I had a dollar for every-time I was called paranoid when I talked about identity theft in the late 80's/early '90s with the other potential problems that the "information age" would create, I would be a very rich man right now. The cost of those full frame camera bodies with the complete set of L series lenses would not be a concern. Had I only had the foresight to collect that dollar each time... :mad2:
    Cheers,
    Greg

---
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II VC (new favorite)
    EF-S IS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III; EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    Sony CyberShot DSC-V1

Thread Information