Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

who knows why is this problem in my camera pictures. I have the camera nikon d200

who knows why is this problem in my camera pictures. I have the camera nikon d200
    and when more pictures zoom seen these signs in the form of the cross.
    please help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails who  knows why is this  problem in my camera  pictures. I have the camera nikon d200-problemi.jpg  

Re: who knows why is this problem in my camera pictures. I have the camera nikon d200

Looks like dust on the sensor. The D200 has no mechanism to clean the sensor automatically.

You can take the camera into a camera shop and get it done. It takes about 10 minutes. Or you can do it yourself with special kits, but be careful - the parts are very delicate and it takes practice to get a good result
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: who knows why is this problem in my camera pictures. I have the camera nikon d200

Thanks for the response Franglais, I had a black mark in the picture, when I photographed the sky. I've cleaned the sensor last week, in a store and service in Zurich - Swiss, www.nikon.ch
    everything is cleared except those those two small signs.
    -------------------------------------------------- ---
    by from Valo
    Last edited by valoG; 01-06-2011 at 10:01 AM.

GB1

Definitely looks like dust. Sometimes all of it doesn't come off in a cleaning, as the tech is afraid of applying too much pressure. You can often see it on the sensor if you lock up your mirror and check it out in good lighting (with the lens off, of course).

-GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Is any defect in the camera chip, or just cleaning problem?,
    I've cleaned chpin last week at nikon service!
    My camera has the Total Number of Shutter Releases for Camera = 27732

1. Try shooting a blank subject out-of-focus at different apertures from f5.6 to f16. (Change the shutter speed to keep the exposure correct)

If the appearance of the artefact changes with the aperture then it's dust. Get it cleaned again

2. Do a completely blank shot (camera on manual in a dark room). If the artefact still shows up as being white then it's a hot pixel. Default in the sensor. The cost of replacement would probably be more than the value of the camera.

Usually dust becomes more obvious at smaller apertures (F11, f16) because the light is coming from a central point and casting a more obvious shadow. If you have NX2 software then you can use the blank subject technique I just described to do a dust-removal image that NX2 uses to remove the artefact on your image.
    Charles

I've tried following your instructions, thank you Franglais.
    the problem is hot pixels :s !
    Is it possible to repair my camera?
    ----------------------------------------------------------

I'm happy to say that I have no experience with hot pixels (so far). Reading around on Internet, it seems that you can send the camera in to Nikon and after a certain time they send it back with the hot pixels mapped out.

Apparently Lightroom maps out hot pixels automatically when working on RAW files.
    Charles

Thread Information