Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Re: Tip #83 Why doesn't my D7000 give me pictures like I see in the sample galleries

Hi Grandpaw, here is something I discovered today. To the best of my knowledge it is not dealt with in any D7000 literature. You may want to share it with the rest of the folk. It is a very handy feature.
    I wanted to take Raw pictures only in selected cases, and fiddled with the FN button to try and achieve it. Next moment all my pictures on card 1 was duplicated - Jpeg as well as Raw. I do not want that. Raw takes up twice the space jpeg uses. I could not find a fix. After a lot of frustration I discovered that if you press the Qual button and simultaneously turn the rear dial you can set the card configuration. It shows in the bottom left corner of the top screen. My camera is now set to only duplicate in Raw when the FN button activates it, and then de-activates it.
    Regards
    Loafer

Re: Tip #83 Why doesn't my D7000 give me pictures like I see in the sample galleries

Quote Originally Posted by Loafer View Post
    Hi Grandpaw, here is something I discovered today. To the best of my knowledge it is not dealt with in any D7000 literature. You may want to share it with the rest of the folk. It is a very handy feature.
    I wanted to take Raw pictures only in selected cases, and fiddled with the FN button to try and achieve it. Next moment all my pictures on card 1 was duplicated - Jpeg as well as Raw. I do not want that. Raw takes up twice the space jpeg uses. I could not find a fix. After a lot of frustration I discovered that if you press the Qual button and simultaneously turn the rear dial you can set the card configuration. It shows in the bottom left corner of the top screen. My camera is now set to only duplicate in Raw when the FN button activates it, and then de-activates it.
    Regards
    Loafer
    Thanks Loafer for reading the thread and for your added information. Sorry I didn't respond sooner I was on vacation.
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Cool Re: Nikon D7000 tips

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    Do you have it in a mode that you can move the focus point around with the arrows on the multi switch? If you do it should work. If you have it in an auto mode it won't work, Jeff
    I found it!
    Go to CUSTOM SETTING MENU(pencil), f Controls, f2 OK button, scroll to RESET Select center focus point OK
    --john

Re: Tip #89 My pictures are all foggy, what is going on?

Just upgraded from D70s to D7000 last week bought brand new. A big upgrade i must say and I'm very happy with it in terms of handling and performance. Except that I can't use my favorite lens nikkor AF 50mm 1.8
    Have anybody have the same issue with pre G lenses?(AF lenses with aperture ring in the body)

Good day to all
    --john

Quote Originally Posted by litrattonijuan View Post
    Just upgraded from D70s to D7000 last week bought brand new. A big upgrade i must say and I'm very happy with it in terms of handling and performance. Except that I can't use my favorite lens nikkor AF 50mm 1.8
    Have anybody have the same issue with pre G lenses?(AF lenses with aperture ring in the body)

Good day to all
    --john
    Do you have the lens set to F22 and the lock switch on the barrel of the lens in the locked position?

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Do you have the lens set to F22 and the lock switch on the barrel of the lens in the locked position?
    Yes sir, even cleaned the contacts. It's been working perfectly with my D70s this error message never appeared even once. Also tried it on a friend's D90 and it worked.
    --john

Quote Originally Posted by litrattonijuan View Post
    Yes sir, even cleaned the contacts. It's been working perfectly with my D70s this error message never appeared even once. Also tried it on a friend's D90 and it worked.
    --john
    Nikon Nikon Inc. AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D : Questions, Answers, How To, FAQs, Tips, Advice, Answers, Buying Guide
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Re: Tip #92 Shooting photos from a vehicle

I just tried with my 85mm f1.8 AF on the D7200 and it works fine. This lens is even older than your 50mm f1.8 :

- G lenses = current. No aperture ring
    - D lenses = previous generation with aperture ring and chip in the lens to indicate distance
    - AF lenses = oldest - same as D lenses but no chip to indicate distance

It looks like there is a problem with your D7000 body. As far as I am aware there is no option in the body to deactivate older lenses
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: Tip #92 Shooting photos from a vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    I just tried with my 85mm f1.8 AF on the D7200 and it works fine. This lens is even older than your 50mm f1.8 :

- G lenses = current. No aperture ring
    - D lenses = previous generation with aperture ring and chip in the lens to indicate distance
    - AF lenses = oldest - same as D lenses but no chip to indicate distance

It looks like there is a problem with your D7000 body. As far as I am aware there is no option in the body to deactivate older lenses

Thanks Charles.

That's what i think too. I'll be bringing it to Nikon service center soonest to have it checked and replaced since it's just more than a week and under warranty.
    I brought it back along with my D70s to show that its working perfectly in an older model to the outlet where i bought it and i'm not satisfied with the salesman's explanation.

--john

Re: Nikon D7000 tips

Thank you for all your hard work Jeff, I learned quite a bit. Kudos

Quote Originally Posted by kenwilkes View Post
    Thank you for all your hard work Jeff, I learned quite a bit. Kudos
    Thank you for taking the time to read my tips thread and a special THANK YOU for your post!

So Jeff, when are you going to start on the D7200 ?
    Just kidding. Hope you are doing well.
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Quote Originally Posted by volks View Post
    So Jeff, when are you going to start on the D7200 ?
    Just kidding. Hope you are doing well.
    If someone would give me a D7200 or D750 I would be more than happy to start new tips threads. I have had a list of medical things come up this past 12 months starting with fighting off cancer and a list of several medical things that has pretty much eliminated a photography budget. If some kind person or company wants to donate a camera I will get started right away!!!

If someone would give me a D7200 or D750 I would be more than happy to start new tips threads. I have had a list of medical things come up this past 12 months starting with fighting off cancer and a list of several medical things that has pretty much eliminated a photography budget. If some kind person or company wants to donate a camera I will get started right away!!!
    Gee Jeff, I'm really sorry to hear about your medical issues. That really sucks. Are you getting making any improvements ?
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Quote Originally Posted by volks View Post
    Gee Jeff, I'm really sorry to hear about your medical issues. That really sucks. Are you getting making any improvements ?
    I am through with the chemo treatments and the cancer is gone. Both of my shoulders have had rota-tor cuffs redone but now need to have shoulder replacements also I have been told that my knees are worn out and they also need to both be replaced and yesterday the doctor told me that I have to have lenses put in both eyes to fix my eyesight and astigmatism. You know that is a lot of stuff I have going on but I was telling my wife that anyone that thinks they have it ruff doesn't have to look far to see someone much worse off. I am a very optimistic type of fellow and I think that I have a lot to be thankful for so I am just trucking along and will get one thing at a time fixed and feel very fortunate that each of these thing can be fixed. A lot of people have things wrong with them that can't have anything done for so I believe that I am a very lucky person and when I get done getting everything fixed I will be up and running like new.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information