Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Lens for Nikon D90

I have a Nikkor 18-105 lens and like to take pictures of the wildlife on my property. Mostly birds, but some dear, coyotes, and foxes. Some of the property is fairly heavily wooded. I want to get more close-ups of the wild life and am considering a new lens. Would like to keep the cost under $1000. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Lens for Nikon D90

Please can anyone suggest me lens for Nikon D90.

Nikon 70-300mm VR would be a good choice. I have one and it does a very good job. It is also well within your budget, Jeff

look here
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...om_Nikkor.html
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you for the suggestion.

I would suggest the Sigma 70-200mm 2.8 lens which goes for about $800 right now. That is a much fasterpiece of glass than the 70-300, however it obviously won't reach out as far as the 300mm. But you would be better to stick a 1.4x or 2x teleconverter on the 70-200 lens and get 400mm when you really need it, but use the 70-200 without the teleconverter as much as possible. Total cost with the teleconverter will run about $1100, but the faster speed of the 70-200 is well worth it.

Thread Information