Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: The Shack

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

The Shack

If you're wondering why I'm posting photos of a cabin in the the woods, this isn't any ordinary cabin. This is Aldo Leopold's Shack. This is where the inspiration for his classic book, A Sand County Almanac came from. The Aldo Leopold Foundation is only about an hour and a half drive for me, but this is the first time I have made the trip. There was an event going on so the Shack was actually open for people to go in and look around. It is usually closed to visitors. I was hoping to get some photos of the inside but it was kind of smokey the first time I went in, and full of people the second time. The last photo is a view of the Wisconsin River from behind the Shack. This was shot with a camera converted to photograph in infra-red.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Shack-_mg_6108_09_10_11_12_tonemapped.jpg   The Shack-_mg_6119.jpg   The Shack-img_5191.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: The Shack

I like the second shot

Great series of images!

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thanks. This little trip was more about the journey than the photos. Getting the chance to trace the footsteps of Aldo Leopold and to get to go into the Shack that inspired a lot of his writings and teachings was priceless.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

love that infrared image!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

That last shot is spooky, I really like it. Very seasonally appropriate too!

very nice series!

Thread Information