The Shack

Printable View

• 10-30-2011, 05:59 PM
    mjs1973
    3 Attachment(s)
    The Shack
    If you're wondering why I'm posting photos of a cabin in the the woods, this isn't any ordinary cabin. This is Aldo Leopold's Shack. This is where the inspiration for his classic book, A Sand County Almanac came from. The Aldo Leopold Foundation is only about an hour and a half drive for me, but this is the first time I have made the trip. There was an event going on so the Shack was actually open for people to go in and look around. It is usually closed to visitors. I was hoping to get some photos of the inside but it was kind of smokey the first time I went in, and full of people the second time. The last photo is a view of the Wisconsin River from behind the Shack. This was shot with a camera converted to photograph in infra-red.
  • 10-30-2011, 07:05 PM
    armando_m
    Re: The Shack
    I like the second shot
  • 10-31-2011, 05:07 AM
    calamospiza
    Great series of images!
  • 10-31-2011, 12:04 PM
    mjs1973
    Thanks. This little trip was more about the journey than the photos. Getting the chance to trace the footsteps of Aldo Leopold and to get to go into the Shack that inspired a lot of his writings and teachings was priceless.
  • 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM
    paulnj
    love that infrared image!
  • 11-07-2011, 04:59 PM
    randimal
    That last shot is spooky, I really like it. Very seasonally appropriate too!
  • 11-10-2011, 09:56 AM
    Eric D
    very nice series!