Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Green Heron fishing, and a Sora

Found a Green Heron perched on a twig that was just in the water, and watched him for a while from a few angles.

I got a sequence of a catch, and made a GIF out of it. First frame is looking, then the strike. Next-to-last and last frames were shot about a second apart, so I put a second in there in the timing, then paused on the last frame (zoomed in just a tad) for a couple of seconds before looping back to the start.

And this bird was a new one for me. A Sora. Lookit the size o' them toes!!!!!

Re: Green Heron fishing, and a Sora

Quote Originally Posted by wfooshee View Post
    Found a Green Heron perched on a twig that was just in the water, and watched him for a while from a few angles.

I got a sequence of a catch, and made a GIF out of it. First frame is looking, then the strike. Next-to-last and last frames were shot about a second apart, so I put a second in there in the timing, then paused on the last frame (zoomed in just a tad) for a couple of seconds before looping back to the start.

And this bird was a new one for me. A Sora. Lookit the size o' them toes!!!!!

Wfooshee, I these are excellent but think what you did with the second one is great! At first I thought my computer had lost it's mind until I read what you did, that is really neat. Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks! I thought it would be more fun to present it that way instead of just all the pics of the sequence, although I rather like one of the sequence frames:

I like the use of gif. Also very nice photos. The birds look great

Gorgeous photos, the gif is really cool.

Thread Information