Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Great Blue Heron

Went out shooting this morning and this Great Blue Heron is the only thing I found. This was taken with my Nikon D7000 and my Nikon 70-200VR 2.8 with a Nikon 20E III 2x teleconverter Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Great Blue Heron-_dsc7574.jpg  
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Great Blue Heron

I've found the same thing, lately. The birds that were so thick in the air in Spring that you could hardly breathe without inhaling one all seem to be gone.
    It takes an awful lot of patience to wander around in double-95s (heat and humidity) looking for something to shoot.
    Great Blues are cool, though; they don't mind being approached even as close as 15 feet or so.

Such a big bird...nice reflection!

Thanks Walter and Eric for taking a look. I was using my new Nikon 20E III 2x teleconverter on this shot and really like the shots I get with it so far. Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information