Photovision

my first website!...tell me what you think of my Wildlife Photography.

Hello people,

Interested in feedback on my website and my wildlife photography in particular...

...I'm a bit new to all of this and have never shown my work in any quantity so I am eager to see what you think of my photos.

http://www.photovisionstudios.com/

Cheers Tim
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Timmie; 12-09-2004 at 12:34 PM.

Re: my first website!...tell me what you think of my Wildlife Photography.

I LOVE the fox gallery.

VERY impressive! Your "newness" is not at all apparent. All the photos are professional and very well done. They are technically good and visually compelling. Great job!

I love the format of the website, too. Loads quick, quick access to the images in the gallery, very nice.

Only change I would suggest: your "flora and fauna" section only contains images of "flora". Your "fauna" is in the other galleries. (flora is plants, fauna is animals)
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

The black text over the grey is hard to read.

On the resources page the links at the bottom aren't aligned properly like other pages, one of the words wraps onto the next line, a bit distracting.

I'm a bit suspicious that this is an advertising post that you have made, considering the quality of your website. I will leave it for a while to see what others feel about the posting.

Photovision

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for your comments on the website, I was aware that people may consider this as just an add post however I don't as of yet sell the photos online and my post was to simply stimulate people to look at my work.

I have been taking wildlife images on and off when I can afford the equipment for about 7 years but up until now I have never shown my work in any quantity apart from to friends and family.

I hope I can bring something new to your forum as my techniques and ideaology concerning wildlife photography is probably quite different to the norm.

many thanks for your time.

Cheers Tim.

Lightbulb Re: my first website!...tell me what you think of my Wildlife Photography.

This is my first post and this particular thread caught my attention. I also am into web design, but have yet to produce anything of note. And I am really glad to have found a forum to get honest feedback from people, rather than the usual from related friends and family.

So anyways,
    Your website...I really like your photographs. They are amazining. However, I do feel that the text is a bit much. You may either want to reorganize that information on the first page onto separate web pages. If you still want content though, you may just offer a brief synopsis and then link to the page that has the full text.

I'm also in on this Google AdSense thing, but you may want to leave that banner towards the bottom or off to the side. I don't know if they pay more if you put more of their banners on their site...but you must make a choice between aesthetics and paying the bills.

Oh, and really important. I'm moderately techosavvy, but non techinical browsers may get confused when the "HOME" link isn't the first link offered. It even threw me off for a second.

So, please take this as honest constructive criticism. Like I mentioned before, your photographs are wonderful!

-Kimber.

this is not my beautiful wife... stevenlmas's Avatar

I'm with Kimberly. The photos are AMAZING. Great work. But the home page is way too heavy on the text. Maybe try breaking off all of your written content with some teasers linking to more. You have more than a half-dozen links to the same page from here. It's really confusing. Just have a simple heading like "Gallery" with subhead links to "Birds", "Flowers", "Foxes" etc...
    Gentlemen, you can't fight in here. This is the war room.

Looks excellent to me.

I find the orange text in the grey field a tad bit hard to read, but am not sure what to suggest. Maroon would be easier to read, or, maybe all caps.

In your menu, maybe change "gallery" to "galleries" since there are galleries on the following page.

I like that function of large thumbnails as the mouse pointer is placed over the mini tiles.

I was so impressed!!! Brilliant work!! I like your layout, your choice of photos and the background.. Almost everything is perfect Cheers..
    Full Color Printing Company: Commercial Printing - caters to all your printing needs

Quote Originally Posted by Timmie
    Hello people,

Interested in feedback on my website and my wildlife photography in particular...

...I'm a bit new to all of this and have never shown my work in any quantity so I am eager to see what you think of my photos.

http://www.photovisionstudios.com/

Cheers Tim
    Very nice!
    1. I would replace your text email address with a script or an image
    2. I would replace the image "make money from your wildlife photos" - I think it is too direct way to connect photography and profitability. Don't you think?

Elena
    Http://www.featurepics.com

Thread Information