Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Website test - need feedback

Trying to get the kinks worked out of a new javascript gallery. This software intrigued me because it is designed to run on non-flash enabled devices. So far (after beating my head against the wall for 9 hours debugging it) it's working flawlessly on the latest versions of:
    Mozilla FireFox
    Apple Safari
    Google Chrome
    it also runs on my Android G1

I don't have a machine with IE7, IE8 or Opera running at the moment, so if anyone could try the link in one of these browsers, or if you have a smart phone of any make/model and let me know if it's working I'd greatly appreciate it!

http://fashionFL.com/JE/

The ipad still has some issues that I'm trying to get worked out, but that may be related to the image/file size.

What you *should* see is the FashionFL logo at the top left (which takes you back to the home page) followed by a slide show of 12 images that display for 6 seconds each and dynamically resize to whatever size the browser window is. If you move your mouse to the lower left of the window a tray should slide up containing thumbnails for all the images. Navigation can be accomplished by clicking the left or right of the screen to advance or return, or clicking a thumbnail will bring up that image.

Re: Website test - need feedback

On IE7 I get the logo in the top left with the first picture about a 10x12 size with a part of another picture showing below. If I click on the partial picture it does nothing. I can see the thumbnails but cannot click on them either. The only picture I can see is the first one. Everything works fine on Firefox as you have already said, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Was afraid of that, may need to switch to a JSON array w/ smart objects for delivery to Internet Explorer. Did I mention how much I LOVE web development? :mad2:

Thanks Jeff, appreciate you taking the time to have a look!

on the iphone I start to see the images one below the other as the page begins to load, then that dissapears and I get the logo FashionFL and a blank screen. In opera the image selection bar stays there cutting through the bottom of the images.
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

Thanks Skyman, I was pretty sure it was "back to the drawing board" after Grandpaw's report, this pretty much confirms it...

I believe there may be a call to get the screen size. Then you have to scale your images to fit the screen. That is why it is having problems on IE and some the other reports.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

freygr, that was the thing I found most cool about this script, it dynamically resizes based on the size of the browser window.

Thread Information