Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

lowepro photo trekker vs. nature trekker

hey, I am comparing these two camera backpacks but unfortunatly i can't try any of them out due to my location and what not. I was reading the reviews and it seems like the photo trekker AW doesn't handle the bogen 3021 tripod that well. I didnt read anything about this for the nature trekker?
    I want the bag for hiking, (mountains etc.), the side bag doesnt work for me.
    anyways, advice from people who used these bags would be great,

thanks,

Trevor

I have a Photo Trekker - the new AW-II style - and it fits perfectly with my Gitzo 1228 tripod. The 3021 is a little taller when it's closed up, but it still should fit just fine.

You might also take a look at the Tamrac Expedition series. They will handle a Bogen 3021 tripod, and are also very well designed and padded for rough hiking.

--Jeff

Angry

I have owned/used a number of LowePro bags and currently am using a Photo Trekker AW. Great bag; will carry everything that you own while adhering (barely) to airline carry-on standards. As for handling your tripod - or any tripod - I must confess that I've never gotten the hang of LowePro's tripod straps. To me, it looks like the wiring behind my computer tower - and I understand it about as well. What I'm saying is that I have a great deal of trouble hooking my tripod (also a Bogen 3021) on to this, or any, LowePro bag. It's not the tripod. It's me and/or those darned straps.

Thread Information