Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Your thoughts on the Better Beamer

I would be interested in any thought on using the Beater Beamer flash extender. I am considering getting one and would like to get some input on it before I order one. I will be getting it for a Nikon SB900 flash.,Thanks, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Your thoughts on the Better Beamer

Never heard of it before. You SB900 already has a zoom head which goes out to about 100mm I think (film equivantent). What would you use it for? I didn't thing you shot wildlife.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    Never heard of it before. You SB900 already has a zoom head which goes out to about 100mm I think (film equivantent). What would you use it for? I didn't thing you shot wildlife.

I would use it for birds and other wildlife mostly during the day. It is for lenses from about 300mm or longer and extends the range of your flash. It makes the colors more vivid and improves your shots. I have two friends that have them and have shown me today what they can do. I believe I will be ordering one shortly.

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've got one and use it quite happily with my 400mm f2.8 for birds and small wildlife.

Most of the serious birders around here use the Beamer - very nice product. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Thanks guys, I think I am going to order one soon. Looks like it would be a handy tool to have.

Got a link for it? How does it work?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Got a link for it? How does it work?
    The link below will tell you about it and give you an example of a photo with and without using the flash extender.

Secrets of Digital Bird Photography

Thread Information