• 01-04-2013, 07:29 AM
    Grandpaw
    Your thoughts on the Better Beamer
    I would be interested in any thought on using the Beater Beamer flash extender. I am considering getting one and would like to get some input on it before I order one. I will be getting it for a Nikon SB900 flash.,Thanks, Jeff
  • 01-06-2013, 02:16 PM
    Franglais
    Re: Your thoughts on the Better Beamer
    Never heard of it before. You SB900 already has a zoom head which goes out to about 100mm I think (film equivantent). What would you use it for? I didn't thing you shot wildlife.
  • 01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    Never heard of it before. You SB900 already has a zoom head which goes out to about 100mm I think (film equivantent). What would you use it for? I didn't thing you shot wildlife.

I would use it for birds and other wildlife mostly during the day. It is for lenses from about 300mm or longer and extends the range of your flash. It makes the colors more vivid and improves your shots. I have two friends that have them and have shown me today what they can do. I believe I will be ordering one shortly.
  • 01-06-2013, 08:26 PM
    gryphonslair99
    I've got one and use it quite happily with my 400mm f2.8 for birds and small wildlife.
  • 01-07-2013, 08:11 AM
    OldClicker
    Most of the serious birders around here use the Beamer - very nice product. - Terry
  • 01-07-2013, 08:32 AM
    Grandpaw
    Thanks guys, I think I am going to order one soon. Looks like it would be a handy tool to have.
  • 01-15-2013, 09:20 AM
    Photo-John
    Got a link for it? How does it work?
  • 01-17-2013, 06:49 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    Got a link for it? How does it work?

The link below will tell you about it and give you an example of a photo with and without using the flash extender.

Secrets of Digital Bird Photography