Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question Nikon D7000 timer

Hello everyone! I want to try out some new steady flashes i bought. The only problem is that im the only person to model for them! I tried to put the timer but it auto focuses before so i dont have time to sit in place and the camera focuses on me.

Is there any way i can have my D7000 focus just before it takes the picture or at least some seconds after i click the shoot button?

thanx!

Re: Nikon D7000 timer

Put something there, turn autofocus off, focus manually. Make sure you get to the right spot for the timer.

With multiple focus spots needed, you'd have to pre-focus each one in turn. Not convenient.

Buy a remote for the camera?

racing > all

Quote Originally Posted by wfooshee View Post
    Buy a remote for the camera?
    That would be my advice as well, how I solved my problem when doing family portraits which would include myself. Tripod, timer, two second delay on the timer so the shot doesn't have me holding it and pressing.
    98 Cobra - AI racecar - 300HP, lots of suspension

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (450D)
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

So long as you credit me as the original photographer, go to town with my work. You can't make it any worse.

Thanx for the advise! actualy a friend of mine gave me a good idea.. to use the interval setting. it auto focuses each frame and gives me enough time to change my settings and sit back in place!!

I also tried with the timer and it works like that also!!

Thanx again for the advice!!

Thread Information