Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Light tent help needed

Hi, I'm new here and while I apologise for the seeming ridiculousness of my question, please be assured that it is a genuine one!

I'm not an experienced photographer, in fact I'm an applications architect, but I was tasked with carrying out some product photography for a client on the strength of my owning a relatively recent digital camer. Accordingly I obtained some daylight temperature lights and a folding light tent and produced some acceptable pictures for the web.

I now can't fold up the tent! It is an 80cmx80cmx80cm folding tent of the sort commonly sold on ebay. It came in a tiny circular bag and when I unzipped it and removed the contents, the whole thing just popped into shape. I've been wrestling with it for some time now and have been unable to get it into anything resembling the shape it needs to be return it to it's bag.

If someone could patiently explain the procedure I would be extremely grateful.

TIA

apparch

Re: Light tent help needed

Okay,

since I have one of these and its great fun trying to fold it, I will try to explain the way I do mine. Mine is sort of cubic with a front entry only.

1. Hold the cube with the front facing you.
    2. Push the top down into the far corner until it pops and seems flat. (You have to push quite hard)
    3. Fold it into two.
    4. pack in bag and partly zip before putting in the coloured backgrounds (if you have those)

5. Sit back and have a drink.

All the best
    Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thread Information