Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

HP Photosmart 1215 Printer problems

I have a HP Photosmart 1215 printer, and has gone throught at least 275 prints. Then I started noticing that the quality was getting degraded. Fades, and loss of some color.

I ran a test page, and the color blue was missing. The page informed me that I need to clean or replace my print cartridge. Even thought I had 89% Black, and 89% Color. I opened up a new package of inks and replaced it.

I ran another test page severl times, and I'm missing the color Yellow, but I have my blue back. It's now telling me the same fix's. I have run a clean on it, reinstalled the software, and still no better quality. I'm missing the yellow. And my prints are Yuckoo !!!

Does anyone have a fix? Is anyone having the same problems?

Cleaning

One of the problems with inkjet printers is that the ets get clogged. I have an Epsonthat has problems all the time. I use the cleaning utility but it never seems to actually print right. My printer is pretty old, though. People with newer printers seem to be getting better results. I wouldn't expect one cleaning to necessarily be enough. With my Epson, sometimes it takes 2-3 tmes to get the nozzles working right. Unfortunately, that uses a lot of ink. But if one cleaning asn't worked, try a couple more.

Hope that helps. Sorry I don't know more about your printer. I have an hp photosmart 7960 test printer in the office right now. It hasn't given me ay trouble at all. But I haven't printed very much with it, either.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

google fax service free

Amazing to read this printer issue but google fax service free help a lot because instruction are available at GoogleFaxFree`s website regarding this problem. I prefer my friends also that they go to Googlefaxfree site to enjoy many it's latest updates.

Thread Information