Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

HELP!! posting pics

Hello all, I am new to photography and am having trouble posting pictures on this site. I am using a D80 with a 18-135. I have my camera set to take pics in JPEG fine. The problem is that the file size is 405kb. I already set the menu to "small image", so I could get below the 640*640 in pixels but the file size is still too big. I am using Nikons Pictureproject for the small amount of PP i am trying to use. Anyone have any help for a beginner?
    Thanks in advance.............John

Re: HELP!! posting pics

The file size is too big (in bytes), max is 244.1k. I don't know that program, but in the various versions of Photoshop you have some options for how to compress the image. When you select Save As it will bring up a window asking you where you want it saved, what to call it, etc. After you hit OK on that screen, it will ask you what quality level you want on a scale of 1 - 12 (12 being the highest). I use 8 for pictures posted here, and a size of 600 x 400 for a DSLR. Those file sizes are usually 60-90k and have plenty of detail. Maybe your program has a compression option?

Re: HELP!! posting pics

thank you for your help. I think it worked!!
    John

Thread Information