HELP!! posting pics

Printable View

• 01-29-2007, 09:43 PM
    big baldo
    HELP!! posting pics
    Hello all, I am new to photography and am having trouble posting pictures on this site. I am using a D80 with a 18-135. I have my camera set to take pics in JPEG fine. The problem is that the file size is 405kb. I already set the menu to "small image", so I could get below the 640*640 in pixels but the file size is still too big. I am using Nikons Pictureproject for the small amount of PP i am trying to use. Anyone have any help for a beginner?
    Thanks in advance.............John
  • 01-30-2007, 07:35 AM
    another view
    Re: HELP!! posting pics
    The file size is too big (in bytes), max is 244.1k. I don't know that program, but in the various versions of Photoshop you have some options for how to compress the image. When you select Save As it will bring up a window asking you where you want it saved, what to call it, etc. After you hit OK on that screen, it will ask you what quality level you want on a scale of 1 - 12 (12 being the highest). I use 8 for pictures posted here, and a size of 600 x 400 for a DSLR. Those file sizes are usually 60-90k and have plenty of detail. Maybe your program has a compression option?
  • 01-30-2007, 08:57 AM
    big baldo
    Re: HELP!! posting pics
    thank you for your help. I think it worked!!:)
    John