Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Help please!

Help please!

Hey guys,

I'm a beginner photographer and I only do when I have time.
    Can you help me how can I achieve the lights on the sunglasses on this picture below?

http://dimmakcollection.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/wpsc/cache/product_img_79_600x398.jpg

Thank you!

Re: Help please!

Quote Originally Posted by rto23sc
    Hey guys,

I'm a beginner photographer and I only do when I have time.
    Can you help me how can I achieve the lights on the sunglasses on this picture below?

http://dimmakcollection.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/wpsc/cache/product_img_79_600x398.jpg

Thank you!
    Looks to me like it is something actually on the sunglasses and has nothing to do with how the picture was taken, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

n8

Yup, just looks like a reflection of whatever lighting the photog was using.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, taking pictures of reflective stuff is tricky. You really have to pay attention to what they're reflecting. It looks to me like we're seeing the lighting being used reflected in the glasses. That's a pretty normal problem. That's some weird looking lighting, though. Using umbrellas or round softboxes will give you more natural reflections. I would also open up the camera aperture. That will make the lights out-of-focus so they're not so obvious.

If you're doing more studio shooting you might also take a look at our Studio & Lighting forum. There's a lot of good information to be found on the posts there and we have some very experienced studio photographers on the site.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information