Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Help!

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

Question Help!

I have a Canon 50D and the 100 to 400 slider lens seems to be stuck on the camera ! Any suggestions? To make matters worse, this is a lens borrowed from a friend!:mad2:
    I posted this on the Canon forum here also

Re: Help!

If the lens seated normally with out having a stiff spot at the end, it should come off after the release is fully depressed.

Now if it when on hard or was forced on, the lens and/or camera may need repair if you are not lucky.

Fully depress the lens release and twist, most likely that lens is not full compatible with the 50D and something has fiscally caused the bind between the camera and lens.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

The lens came off a 50D so I know that wasnt the problem.......the glue under the plastic cover had softened and shifted ( I was shooting on a track with 126 degree temps) so it had become "stuck" in the wrong spot...the lens is finally off, perfectly fine, as is the camera thank god, but the plastic will need to be replaced. Here is the pic (taken with a friends cell, sorry)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Glad to see you making some progress with your problem. Hope it is not much to get it repaired, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it shouldnt be, its a non functioning piece, thank goodness!

Yes using photo lamps you do need to understand they do generate allot of heat and also pull allot of power either the electrical load or heat from the lamps: can damage equipment, set objects on fire, and other bad things.

To prevent the bad things you need the properly rated power cord, correctly rated light fixtures, and the correct spacing from the lamps of combustible materials or equipment which heat may damage.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Im not sure what you mean. I was shooting outside, track temps about 126! Apparently thats what did it! Thankfully lens and camera still work and are not broken, except for that plastic cover!

Thread Information