Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Contacting SmugMug help

I have contacted SmugMug help before with no problem but now when I click on the contact and it gives me the email set up to add you question to, I do not see any way to send the message. I have never had a problem before but I'm not having any luck this time. If you know what I am doing wrong or not seeing please point me in the right direction, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

Re: Contacting SmugMug help

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    I have contacted SmugMug help before with no problem but now when I click on the contact and it gives me the email set up to add you question to, I do not see any way to send the message. I have never had a problem before but I'm not having any luck this time. If you know what I am doing wrong or not seeing please point me in the right direction, Jeff
    Jeff,

I just tried on my computer without a problem. Try this link - it has the usual "send" option at the bottom.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Jeff,

I just tried on my computer without a problem. Try this link - it has the usual "send" option at the bottom.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/emailreal

Liz
    Liz, this is what I have been looking at but I do not see a send button, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Liz

Jeff - here is what it looks like on my screen. After all the titles there is a (blank) box where you type. It sounds like part of your Smugmug screen is missing for some odd reason. At any rate, the email form should look like it does here.

I've had some glitches with Smugmug website before. Is there any other way to contact them?

Your Email:

Subject:

Question:

.................................................. .................................................. .........Send............Cancel

Liz

Jeff,

If you would like me to email them and send them your email - send me a pm with your email address on it. I will send an email to them and ask them to contact you. In the past, they have contacted me by email.

Liz

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Draws properly for me too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Contacting SmugMug help-smugmug.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Draws properly for me too.
    When I bring it up I get the same exact page except it doesn't have the send or cancel button. Liz sent me a PM and to;d me another way to get in touch with them that worked. I do not understand what is going on because I have used this several times before. Thanks Paul and Liz, Jeff

Hi, I'm from SmugMug. Sorry you are having troubles! Check your browser's zoom, that's probably the culprit. You can always just email us from your email client - use the email address you see here on our contact page

http://smugmug.com/help/emailreal

thanks!

Grandpaw, the problem could be on or two things. 1 your Java may need updating or 2 you need to up date your browser, or you will need to use a browse that is supported.

I used Firefox 4 RC on XP and there was not a problem, Google Chrome there was not a problem, and IE 8 there was not a problem. I don't have Apple's Safari installed on this computer so I could not check it. Note all browses and OS have been fully patched and up to date.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

This is what I get when I go to their help using Firefox or Safari but with Internet Explorer I do have the send and cancel buttons. I must have something set wrong on the page viewing because I don't ever use IE as a browser. Any thought on what I need to change? Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Contacting SmugMug help-screen-shot-2011-03-12-1-copy.jpg  

You may not have a plugin installed.

Try installing JAVA, and Flash or updating them. Or you may have to turn on your cookies?
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Thread Information