Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Thread: Adaptive Camera

Adaptive Camera

Hi Folks!

I am a teacher in a High school visual design program and I currently have a student who, due to the medication he is on, has a really serious palsy and his hand shakes uncontrollably. He also has some anatomical issues with his hands that make manual dexterity a problem. The thing is, he has discovered that he LOVES photography and it is fabulous that we have found something that has turned him on so much.

I have him put his camera on a tripod and that helps, but the tripod itself poses problems just schlepping it around. Does anyone know of a camera body that can be adapted to this sort of situation? Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

-Marcia

Re: Adaptive Camera

I shifted this question to the general Help files forum. I'm not aware of any solution to this problem from Nikon.
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I don't know but will try to do some research as I do have some experience adapting for handicapped. Is he in a wheelchair or is he able to get around himself.
    Using the tripod is good and don't forget that he can put the camera on delay so pushing the shutter doesn't wobble things.
    I'd also look for a remote shutter release; I have an rc one and also look for a camera with a live view lcd, preferably one with a tilt/swivel screen.
    Are you looking for dslr or point and shoot?
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

You may want to try the Gorilla pod. you can put that sucker just about anywhere.

Thread Information