Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

windvd creator 2 error messages

I am getting error messages as well when I am using WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum. I am getting these two error messages that cause the program to shutdown. This is a recent problem. I have used this program before without problems. The error messages that I am getting are the instruction at “0x7c9122ba” referenced memory at “0xf381f379” the memory could not be “read”. And the exception unknown software exception (0xc0000008) occurred in the application at location 0x7c964ed1. Is there a solution or who do I contact because Intervideo’s email support system is worthless.

Re: windvd creator 2 error messages

Quote Originally Posted by note1038
    I am getting error messages as well when I am using WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum. I am getting these two error messages that cause the program to shutdown. This is a recent problem. I have used this program before without problems. The error messages that I am getting are the instruction at “0x7c9122ba” referenced memory at “0xf381f379” the memory could not be “read”. And the exception unknown software exception (0xc0000008) occurred in the application at location 0x7c964ed1. Is there a solution or who do I contact because Intervideo’s email support system is worthless.
    sounds a lot like you are running out of ram and so the computer is not loading all of the program into resident memory

Quote Originally Posted by Skyman
    sounds a lot like you are running out of ram and so the computer is not loading all of the program into resident memory

i have 512 MB DDR ram. i am using win xp home. can i change some settings to make it run smoother??

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

any chance of adding more ram to your config? It will make things run much nicer, although it may not solve your problem if your video piece is on the same drive as your system and program files. Make sure that you have turned off any on demand virus scanning, this may be slowing down the effective playback of your piece.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information