Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>
    tah

Win DVD Creator 2

Hi,

I'm new at this so please bear with me.

System: Win XP Pro and Panasonic NV- DS28B Camcorder (uses cassette tape rather than memory card).

WinDVD Creator keeps popping out of record mode. Sometimes I recieve Unexpected Error Whilst Recording message, other times not.

I reinstalled WinDVD Creator as well as WinDVD5 and WinRip, but unfortunately the problem persists. I've turned off my firewall, virus software and screen saver, but this doesn't help. The camcorder and firewire cable are in good working order as I managed to record a whole tape with Window Movie Maker.

Any ideas?
    Thank you

Steve

Re: Win DVD Creator 2

Hi,

Strangely enough I've had exactly the same problem. I have an ASUS motherboard with an AMD XP 3000+, 512M RAM and a very similar camcorder to you (Panasonic NV-DS38B). I tried InterVideo's support email but they basically said that since I got the software bundled with the motherboard, I would have to look for support from Asus. I wouldn't have thought Asus would be much help with someone else's software! Have you made any further progress?
    Quote Originally Posted by tah
    Hi,

I'm new at this so please bear with me.

System: Win XP Pro and Panasonic NV- DS28B Camcorder (uses cassette tape rather than memory card).

WinDVD Creator keeps popping out of record mode. Sometimes I recieve Unexpected Error Whilst Recording message, other times not.

I reinstalled WinDVD Creator as well as WinDVD5 and WinRip, but unfortunately the problem persists. I've turned off my firewall, virus software and screen saver, but this doesn't help. The camcorder and firewire cable are in good working order as I managed to record a whole tape with Window Movie Maker.

Any ideas?
    Thank you

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by tomross
    Hi,

Strangely enough I've had exactly the same problem. I have an ASUS motherboard with an AMD XP 3000+, 512M RAM and a very similar camcorder to you (Panasonic NV-DS38B). I tried InterVideo's support email but they basically said that since I got the software bundled with the motherboard, I would have to look for support from Asus. I wouldn't have thought Asus would be much help with someone else's software! Have you made any further progress?
    I am seeing exactly the same problem too on an A8N-SLI Premium motherboard with a 4GHz CPU and 2Gb RAM. I am using a Panasonic NV-DS38B as well. No reply from Asus yet, has anyone else heard anything?

Craig

I am getting error messages as well when I am using WinDVD Creator 2 Platinum. I am getting these two error messages that cause the program to shutdown. This is a recent problem. I have used this program before without problems. The error messages that I am getting are the instruction at “0x7c9122ba” referenced memory at “0xf381f379” the memory could not be “read”. And the exception unknown software exception (0xc0000008) occurred in the application at location 0x7c964ed1. Is there a solution or who do I contact because Intervideo’s email support system is worthless.

Thread Information