hey all,

I'm new to film making and am interested in getting a video camera. So far the one that looks most promising is the MVX20i.

I don't know much about video cameras so i'd like to ask some (probably) simple questions.

1) Is this camera suitable for my needs? I will be making films which I need to have half decent quality on computers and look good when eventually transferred to DVD and used on a television.

2) (probably similar to Q1) Can the MVX20i film at high resolutions? (when playing on a computer, will it be able to play the footage nearly full screen at good quality? or will it only be able to do good quality in small windows?)

3) Does this camera record to a memory stick or something? Or does it film to tape? If it films to tape, does this mean i'll have to keep buying new tapes or can I just reuse a couple after transferring to computer? (how long worth of footage can the memory stick (if it has one) or tape hold?)

4) Transferring to computer with it is possible... right?

5) Just out of curiosity, do you personally like this camera?

Thanks heaps to anyone who can help. I may have some more questions later, but for now it would be a huge help to recieve the answers to these questions. Thanks.