Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

Premier rendering issues

i am in the proccess of rendering the rough cut of a video that is mostly still images. I keep getting the message premier failed to return a frame and the process stops. at first i thought this was due to some gaps that exist in the timeline, however i inserted black clips into the gaps and i am still getting errors.
    thanks
    Simon

Re: Premier rendering issues

Ok now i know i have a problem,
    premier won't encode avi files either.

hmm
    big problem for me.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Sorry Skyman, my usual source for Premiere information is on vacation in California working on a skate boarding video and won't answer his cell phone. I'm on the road for vacation with the family and won't be back for more that a day or two until July 5. I'll have my premiere kid sign up and PM you when he gets the chance.

Good luck with it.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    I'm on the road for vacation with the family and won't be back for more that a day or two until July 5.
    what are you doing even checking the forums? you are on Holiday, enjoy it! but thanks anyway.

It is amazing how a clear head can fix things. I logged onto the forums at adobe.com and discovered it was a very common problem and that there were several patches available. after installing the patch in about 30seconds i can now export to mpeg 2 again.

For future reference there seems to be 2 causes of this problem. apparently installing service pack2 can cause the problem with some versions of premier pro. Also processors with hyperthreading can cause the problem where the mpeg encoding engine fails to clear the ram, so once the available ram is full the encoding process fails this was the problem i had. and it was difficult to diagnose as i am often running other applications in the background, so the point at which i ran out of ram (4gb) varied. anyway installing the patch from adobe fixed the problem and actually speeded up the encoding process. now i have to wait for my dvd burner to come back from the repairer and i can start playing around with encore dvd.

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Actually, we're currently back from golf camp and on the way across the pond for London and Paris. One of these days I'll get down to your neck of the woods, I hear the diving is fantastic.

Glad you got the problem fixed.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Thread Information