Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: what to get

what to get

i have about 1,500 to spend on a dslr and im not really sure what to get, i want to shoot alittle bit of everything, what would you recomend

Re: what to get

Well, Canadian prices are different but I would consider the Canon 20D, Nikon D200 and take a look at the Sony/Minolta DSLR coming out on June 9th given your price range.

Ronnoco

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Ronnoco gives you some good choices, but it isn't as simple as just asking for what to buy. You say you want to do a bit of everything. What will you primarily be using your camera for?

DSLRs are very flexible cameras. Regardless of what you buy, you can use it for most photography. What will be important is the lenses that you buy as these have more of an effect on the final image than the camera body (thats not to say that the camera body has no effect as higher level bodies have more features).

Without knowing your experience level and what you plan on primarily shooting, the best I can recommend is buying a lower end DSLR like the Rebel XT or the Nikon D50. This body is about $500 less than the next level up, leaving you extra money to buy more lenses.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

Well the Camera is being used for my Major, so there is no set given on what to be shooting, i have been shopping around and looking at diffrent ones and im very impressed with this one so far

http://www.olympusamerica.com/cpg_se...p?product=1226

but i figured i would ask around, becuase seems like you would know more that me, this is about 1,000 which i figured would leave me some cash left over for a lense

Thread Information