Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Thread: Tutorials

Question Tutorials

Hi,
    Just wanted to know if anyone knows of any good sites that provide photography tutorials? I would prefer sites where i can download pdf files.

Cheers

Re: Tutorials

Speedo,

this is quite the request....

i would suggest you google your request, and keep an open mind to all techniques and readings.... I'll see if i still have some of my old browsing bookmarks, and post them if i find them!

Marc
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Welcome to the Forums Speedo.

There are a few right here on this site that you may be ineterested in. You can find them here:

http://www.photographyreview.com/learncrx.aspx#how-to
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks, i have googled but there is so much out there, perhaps it might be a good idea to create a new section for tutorials?

Quote Originally Posted by speedo
    Thanks, i have googled but there is so much out there, perhaps it might be a good idea to create a new section for tutorials?
    What exactly are you looking for? mjs1973 gave you a link to the Learn section, which has a bunch of how-to articles. And we're working on more. If you have specific requests, I might be able to work them into the queu. Or there might be threads in the forums we can direct you to. Your requests may even help me. I want to add new stuff to the Learn section but I don't necessarily know what people are interested in. Maybe you can be my resource
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hey PJ. I just noticed what appeared to be a pretty extensive how to section on another site today. That site was (is?) also a sponsor of PR. I don't see their name listed as a sponsor anymore, but if they are, you might be able to work out something with them to add some of their how too's to PR.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Hey PJ. I just noticed what appeared to be a pretty extensive how to section on another site today. That site was (is?) also a sponsor of PR. I don't see their name listed as a sponsor anymore, but if they are, you might be able to work out something with them to add some of their how too's to PR.
    What site is that? More how-to content is good. But I would prefer that we create our own.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

It was on Adorama's site. Here is the link. I agree it would me much better if it were on PR's own site.

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Thread Information