Tutorials

Printable View

• 02-13-2007, 02:09 AM
    speedo
    Tutorials
    Hi,
    Just wanted to know if anyone knows of any good sites that provide photography tutorials? I would prefer sites where i can download pdf files.

Cheers
  • 02-13-2007, 04:40 AM
    MarcusK
    Re: Tutorials
    Speedo,

this is quite the request....

i would suggest you google your request, and keep an open mind to all techniques and readings.... I'll see if i still have some of my old browsing bookmarks, and post them if i find them!

Marc
  • 02-13-2007, 06:02 AM
    mjs1973
    Welcome to the Forums Speedo.

There are a few right here on this site that you may be ineterested in. You can find them here:

http://www.photographyreview.com/learncrx.aspx#how-to
  • 02-13-2007, 06:56 AM
    speedo
    Thanks, i have googled but there is so much out there, perhaps it might be a good idea to create a new section for tutorials?
  • 02-14-2007, 05:03 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by speedo
    Thanks, i have googled but there is so much out there, perhaps it might be a good idea to create a new section for tutorials?

What exactly are you looking for? mjs1973 gave you a link to the Learn section, which has a bunch of how-to articles. And we're working on more. If you have specific requests, I might be able to work them into the queu. Or there might be threads in the forums we can direct you to. Your requests may even help me. I want to add new stuff to the Learn section but I don't necessarily know what people are interested in. Maybe you can be my resource :)
  • 02-14-2007, 05:47 PM
    mjs1973
    Hey PJ. I just noticed what appeared to be a pretty extensive how to section on another site today. That site was (is?) also a sponsor of PR. I don't see their name listed as a sponsor anymore, but if they are, you might be able to work out something with them to add some of their how too's to PR.
  • 02-14-2007, 07:24 PM
    Photo-John
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Hey PJ. I just noticed what appeared to be a pretty extensive how to section on another site today. That site was (is?) also a sponsor of PR. I don't see their name listed as a sponsor anymore, but if they are, you might be able to work out something with them to add some of their how too's to PR.

What site is that? More how-to content is good. But I would prefer that we create our own.
  • 02-14-2007, 08:08 PM
    mjs1973
    It was on Adorama's site. Here is the link. I agree it would me much better if it were on PR's own site.

http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=academy