Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Red face [sport photographers] .. please help me to pick my new camera !!

hello everyone ..

i'm in a very hard spot and i really need you advise ..

whiten a few days i'm gonna bay my first SLR camera .. and i wanna spend my precious money carefully

so .. i'm gonna give you some pointers and wait for you recommendations :-

1- i'm gonna use it for sport photography ( soccer ) .. and it's gonna be most used in Stadiums at night time :cryin:
    2- it should cost me no more than ( 800 - 850 $ ) .. :mad2:
    3- i'm gonna use it mostly with the sigma version of [ 70 - 200 / 2.8 ] lens ..

::

by the way .. my first choice was nikon d300 or d700 .. but unfortunately it's to expansive for me ..!

now i'm thinking about the nikon d5000 which i heard is bad in focusing or something like that i'm not really sure !!

or the nikon d90 which i thinks is great but gonna make me miss the monitor of the d5000 !!

or finally the canon EOS Rebel XS .. which i have no info about .. but some people recommended it for me !

so .. the bottom line is i need a fast camera with a high ISO capability which i can use as a beginner in sport photography ..

i'm so sorry guys about my poor ENGLISH .. i did my best .. and i hope you understand what i'm saying ..

waiting for you replies ..

best regards
    ADNAN

Re: [sport photographers] .. please help me to pick my new camera !!

Question,

Is the Sigma already yours and what mount is it? If you went to Canon from Nikon, can you change the mount?

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thread Information