Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: some buying advice please

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais
    In reality this is not a big deal. When I want to focus on a precise spot I do the same thing as on the Leica. I switch to focusing on the center focus point (the most accurate), re frame to put the center spot on the point I want to have in focus, lightly depress the shutter release to focus and hold focus then re frame (without zooming) ready to do the shot. It only takes an instant and I redo it any time the subject moves or if I change the zoom.
    I do this all the time and it works well but I just want to add that your camera needs to be off continuous focus and on single focus for this to work, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais
    I switch to focussing on the center focus point (the most accurate), reframe to put the center spot on the point I want to have in focus, lightly depress the shutter release to focus and hold focus then reframe (without zooming) ready to do the shot. It only takes an instant and I redo it any time the subject moves or if I change the zoom.
    I think we all use this technique, but those using a shallow DoF do have to be aware of the change in the plane of focus that can be significant when reframing. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Thanks for the tips guys! I'll be trying that technique as soon as I get the camera! I'm still waiting on it, but I probably won't get it till Monday now!
    kyle:thumbsup:

Nikon D90
    Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3
    Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G VR ED
    Tamron 70-300 f/4-5.6 AF macro (1:2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information