Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Nikon 17-55 lens? Any one seen it?

Has any one seen this lens (Nikon 17-55 DX) for sale? No compamy has it for sale. Also if any one has the 18-70DX lens, how do you like it?
    Fat Boy

shake it like a polaroid picture berrywise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Boy
    Has any one seen this lens (Nikon 17-55 DX) for sale? No compamy has it for sale. Also if any one has the 18-70DX lens, how do you like it?
    Fat Boy

I'd like to know the same. I've been eyeing it up all week and think its the lens for me. Wish B&H could get it in stock cause I like ordering from them. Hopefully more will start to come into stock.

Haven't used it so I can't comment on it. I'd think about one myself but I'm not completely digital (yet...). Usually with new stuff like this, it's hard to find for several months.

My suggestion is to try some of the less well known stores and get on their waiting lists. Even at Calumet you'd have a better chance than B&H, I'd think. Roberts Imaging in Indianapolis would be a good one to try.

No flourine

Trying to recover from the news about Ilford, I asked the guy at my local pro shop what was the story about the Nikon 17-55 f2.8 which seems to have disappeared from the shops after getting brilliant reviews in June.

He said that Nikon received a batch of flourine from their supplier (the only one in the world). It was refused by their quality control and now they're waiting for a new batch. Everything's ready they just can't coat the lenses without the flourine.

Charles

Thread Information